Canyon Cage Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if you guys would please start experimenting with various highway peg configurations so i can pick my fav by Springtime I would be most appreciative.
I had to get some 7/8" mounts. They are on the way.
Did you get extra sets? I was thinking welding a "C" bracket and a set of OEM pegs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if you guys would please start experimenting with various highway peg configurations so i can pick my fav by Springtime I would be most appreciative.
I had to get some 7/8" mounts. They are on the way.
Did you get extra sets? I was thinking welding a "C" bracket and a set of OEM pegs.
No. I want to see how they fit first.
I got your message, I 'm ordering some, your option is better and can try different foot positions.

Close up of the support that had to be ground to clear the engine case.

photo5_zpsba6922ee.jpg
I agree these look cool, but that is a LOT of material you had to remove to clear that bolt.

photo5_zpsba6922ee.jpg
I agree these look cool, but that is a LOT of material you had to remove to clear that bolt.
Actually, it was very little. I ground the corner off about 1/4". The angle makes it look like more than it was.
Bryan,

Did you add the 2 washers between the bracket and motor?

I put a couple of lock washers behind the bracket on both sides.

photo5_zpsba6922ee.jpg
Actually, it was very little. I ground the corner off about 1/4". The angle makes it look like more than it was.
from the picture 1/4" looks like about half of what was originally there.

Could you have used a buttonhead hex bolt in place of the stock one that you had to grind around? You may have gained a few millimeters of clearance.

(nothing like 20:20 hindsight, right?)

Not been on here for a while but they look a lot better than the standard sliders, might have to invest in some. Doing a run up Scotland this year & would appreciate any feedback on highway pegs & comfort..

I got my clamps for the 7/8 inch bars from cruizercustomizing.com

The following items have been shipped out today by CruiserCustomizing.com:

Part number: DS-77-6016B

Universal Three-Piece Frame Clamp, Black cost: $9.95 each

The foot pegs are flat black powder coated by Garauld. One thing I did was re-purpose the left over shims from the rear shock rebuild so they went between the square bar of the foot peg and the foot peg so it had something to take up the space. Then I could tighten them so they did flop around but were not wearing directly on the powder coating. (the 3rd and 6th pictures below shows the shims best) I also added some other washers.

The set up works great folds out of the way.

the left side: (NOTE: the pegs are angled back to fit better)

photo7_zpsdd321055.jpg

photo6_zps138e3100.jpg

Folded up view

photo_zps615caaf2.jpg

photo3_zps299ad7c1.jpg

photo8_zps3bd2f945.jpg

the right side:

photo2_zpscecab7c5.jpg

photo5_zpsbb37c4db.jpg

Achiu came over today and we mounted up the new Canyon Cages that came in the mail yesterday. No issues with the install, no grinding needed. They just bolted up without a hitch (I can thank achiu for that).

Glad I got these, and wished I'd had them before the prior tip over. Would have easily saved a mirror and the side bag.

Going to mount up a set of Garauld pegs too, after trying out Achiu's.

I am wondering if bolts or hardware are supplied with these? Would seem just like sliders the motor mount bolts need to be a length for the cage?

Any information would be appreciated.

Yes all mounting hardware is included
Thank you I ass u me so but wanted to be sure. I decided to try it and will wait for it to arrive. Forward pegs and a lighting solution will go on it so I am pretty excited to receive it to spend even more money.