Engine Cage and Luggage Protector Bolt Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooManyBikes

Reaction score
Acquired a set of MC Enterprise engine cages and luggage protectors. However, MC Enterprises closed their doors about 2019 and the seller did not provide the long rod (approx M10 x 75mm) and two D shaped spacers for the rear of the engine. Also, missing are the two bottom bolts for the luggage rack protectors that connects the protectors to the rear stay and muffler (approx M10 or M8 x 40) and the machined spacers that keep the luggage protectors out of the irregular surface of the rear muffler stay.

Does anyone have some work around suggestions, short of using a BIG stack of thin walled washers or having the spacers custom made? Thanks!!

Here is a photo of the proper bolt and spacer for the muffler connection
PXL_20230721_221843638.jpg

Here is a photo of the stock muffler bolt configuration with a shorter bolt and no spacer.
PXL_20230721_221957123.jpg

The missing bolt (and associated spacers) is a few inches above the brake pedal in this picture of someone else's bike. It has nuts on both ends of the rod, where the stock mounting is with a bolt and no spacers and the bolt head is on the LH side of the bike.
Rear Engine Rod 1690326144969 (2).png

I'd be happy to make you some spacers if you send me some dimensions and pay for shipping. You can get the bolts possibly locally or from BoltDepot.com or AllensFasteners.com
Totally Awesome! You are still The Man.

Please PM me your mailing address, and I will send you these spacers from my other bike for patterns.

Last edited: