Cdog joins crash club two up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, It is gonna be "We can fix it" or Time for an 08 either way I think I want a new bike but I am not in charge right now

Glad you made it through sliddin 'On The Right Stuff'. :dribble: I am thankful I never dropped a Tandem Bike or MC 2 up. :yahoo:

Good Luck with the Insurance Co. TJ

Now stop that crashing thing! It's not good for your health. Good to hear you're both in good shape.
thumbsup8de.gif

Robin,

Saw your bike at South Valley last week when I went by to see about a new ECU for mine. Looks like the rear sub frame is straight, and that wonderful Penske Shock appears unscathed. The right can is history and I have a set of stock cans you can have if needed. Don't know what to say about the handle bars and obviously there will be a bunch of plastic to replace. I also have a Givi rear case that I could be talked out of for a couple of cases of rum........

Hope all is well, Mike

Sorry, I missed this when my computer crashed shortly before I did.

First off, glad to hear both of you are okay.

Second, welcome to the club and glad you abide by the atgatt bylaws.

I was indeed sliding on the "Right Stuff"

Lake, Thanks for the offer.. I have a set of stock cans (well two actually since I am holding one for the WFO crew) The headers are shot as well and I would bet that the stock OEM ones cost more that a complete set of really nice aftermarket exhaust. I have spoken to South Valley. Once the money is approved I can have the bike rebuilt any way I want. I think I should be able to get after market exhaust for less money since OEM is so expensive.

BUT!! The verdict is still out.. My problem seems so small right now.... I have it on perspective and I will slow down. I intend to save it for the track now and ride in a sane manner. Andrew was a very sobering event

Glad you both are ok, and looks like those frame sliders did their job keeping vital engine parts from being damaged. I'm ordering mine tomorrow!

SR-71

Hey SR, You gotta let that boy off the windscreen there. LOL

Yes the Skyway sliders did their jot great. They look good too (um before used that is)

To repair my bike to pristine condition will cost $5,989.00
Plus your clothing and helmets, minus your deductable.
Hmmm, for a minor fall down and slide. Whoo boy! Yeppers, yew gotta be takin' thet "Gressive" stuff tew the track en be a mite keerful rydin' them streets.

"Slip slidin' a-way....slip-slidin' a-a-a---way....." ungood x 10!

Hey SR, You gotta let that boy off the windscreen there. LOL
Just a flick of the wipers should do the trick! :rolleyes:

Cdogman-

Glad to hear you both made it out OK :yahoo:

Laura and I took a run over to Taggart's from P.C. I believe on the 4th. Pretty sweet but a bit sandy on that 1st shady right after the summit that seems to get the first snow.

I kinda like that cloverleaf that you slid out on, I'll treat it with respect now! Thank God you didn't slide out onto the freeway. :eek: