Cee Bailey Windshield install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lake Powell

Reaction score
Just recieved a new Cee Bailey windshield +2 and +4 in a light gray tint. Looks to be very nicely made and the light gray tint shoud be of no problem for night riding. Looking at the way the factory window is installed it appears the screws are underneath the painted cover. I've tried to gently pull up on the painted screw cover but am afraid of breaking it. Is there some trick to this or is there some clip I am not aware of, I'd hate to break this piece.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks-

Try entering +windshield +removal in the Search and see many, many links previously discussing it.

....resisting urge to point out irony of the avatar..... :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, got it installed.

My first search was under "window install" and that didn't produce much, but when using "windshield install" that led me to the clue that there are 2 well hidden screws that actually hold the cover in place.

The windshield looks great, kinda uneasy about the plastic screws, I had to elongate the bottom screw holes to accomodate the window frame but should be good.

Ya, let me have it about the avatar....