Cee Bailey's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warsw

Reaction score
I ordered a windshield (+2T +4W Contour Flip) from Cee Bailey's on the 26th of March. It finally arrived today. I was truly excided. After waiting for 15 days I knew that it was going to be worth the wait. To my disappointment when I opened the box I found that they had sent me the wrong shield. My thought then was, not only did I get the wrong shield but now I need to go through all the hassle to send it back and get the right one. I called Cee Bailey's and told them what had happen. I was told that I needed to talk to sales and they connected me to Tony. I thought, here we go, the start of the run around. I told Tony what had happen and his response was "give me 30mins and I will call you back". Again I thought, here we go. Well, to my surprise Tony called me back in 20min, told me that they had made a mistake and apologized for the error. He had already set up for UPS to come by and pick-up the shield and said a new shield (the right one) would be sent as soon as they could get one ready.

Tony was so friendly, courteous and professional it really set me back. I have dealt with a lot of companies that have giving me excellent customer service but this was really over the top. These guys are truly first class and truly put their customer at the top of the list.

A thanks goes out to Tony at Cee Bailey's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were they sorry enough to refund you a % of what you paid for the hassle, or sorry that someone else is probably opening up your screen and they hope they can get both of them back without damage so they can correct the mistake.
By the way, was the screen you received in light grey? It might be mine.
It could be yours, it was light gray. I’ll try not to scratch it up too much. :lol:

I just figured that we all make mistakes and I was totally impressed with the manor in which they rectified it. "no hassle"

Well - I missed all the other replies - so I don't know what all that was about - sounds like you took some flak.

But I agree 100% with your comments about Tony and CB.

Five days before I was going to do an IBA ride, I decided that I had to have a new windshield. So I called CB and talked to Tony -none in stock - 10 day lead time - damn. I explained to him that I wanted it before I was going to make a long trip, and what a good reputation CB had on this Forum. He asked me when I had to have it, and said he would go talk to the guy that made the shields and get back to me. I had called him from work, and told him that I was getting ready to leave. He said "give me your home number". Sure - OK.

About an hour after I got home, the phone rang - Tony. He said they could get it to me the day before I was going to leave. Extra charge for making it so fast?, I asked. No, says Tony - we'll get it to you, if you are willing to pay for 2nd day air instead of regular shipping. Allright! - no problem with that.

They did it too - had it to me as promised. When was the last time you ever had a vendor do this for you without wanting any extra money?

And the shield? - it was great - +2 +4 flip. Made the trip a whole lot better!

And WARSW - the point is, that even though they screwed up your order, they really got on the stick to make it right. I have never heard of a company arranging to have somthing picked up like that. They deserve the recognition that you gave them. A lot a people read these vendor reports and base their buying decisions on them. I know that I do - so don't give up.

Wow,

It must be me. I ordered a shield on may 25. lead time 7-12 business days. On business day 14 without hearing from them I called to check on the status of my order. They told me the end of next week(june 22). OK so I asked when they were going to inform their customers that they are very behind. I got a snort and told they don't do that. At that point I asked to cancel the order. I was transferred to a sales associate who informed me it would be made on june 29. so I cancelled it on june 13. This afternoon(june 14) I get a phone call telling me it is ready to ship. WTF! I already ordered a yamaha screen.

Is there any communication there? I hope all there other customers get treated better.

I've bought 2 sheilds from CB , both came very promptly and were excactly what I ordered. I'll be getting my next one from them.

I swear, I just can't win. I ordered a summer windscreen from them on June 25, and they advised a 3-week lead time. Just called, and it's 1-2 weeks out still. Hope it's worth the wait.

I've bought 2 sheilds from CB , both came very promptly and were excactly what I ordered. I'll be getting my next one from them.

I have just received a CB screen I ordered about a week ago after suffering with the crappy (in my experience) CalSci screen for nearly two years. I was so disappointed with the CalSci screen and the treatment i received when i complained that i naturally assumed all the other screen vendors and their products would be the same waste of money. My CalSci screen from day one would rub (scratch the paint off) the LHS mirror post when in full down position (this happened on two different Gen II FJRs), the back pressure was only marginally less than with the stock screen and the overall fit and finish of the screen was just crap. Because of the poor hole alignment it would typically take around 1/2 an hour of messing around to get the plastic W bracket to fit back on.

Well i am here to tell you that at least in the case of Cee Bailey that could not be further from the truth.

Based on Duff's great write up and comments/write ups from the other posters, I ordered a CB +2" T, +2" W Contour Flip, light Grey screen. The folks at CB were great to deal with and the screen arrived within a week of placing the order and exactly as specified.

The CB screen quality is beyond reproach, both in from and function, it fits like the OEM screen, and the light Grey is looks totally cool and does not at all interfere with night time visibility.

I do believe i have finally found screen nirvana. I get clean, quiet air, with minimal buffeting from about 1/2 to 3/4 up position, still able to look completely over the screen, and even in the full up position i am not looking through plastic. Another really great thing i discovered since I've been using the CB screen is that the bugs that would previously, even with a +2/+2 CalSci and a LaminarLip Kamikaze straight into my face shield now do a "last minute break away" leaving my shield practically bug splat free. It's actually quite amusing you can see the bugs heading right for you and then at the last moment they do a 90 degree breakaway up, sometimes missing you all together and other times catching the top of the helmet, but not the face shield. I'm 5'10", my seat is set in the lower position and i have the Skyway spacers installed.

Based on my experience with their product I would wholeheartedly recommend a CB screen to anyone looking for a great replacement screen for the FJR.

Full Down

IMG_4641.jpg

Full Up

IMG_4642.jpg