CeeBailey +4w x +2h with flip windshield on 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a result I placed an order for a +2+4 flip shield as well in a light grey tint, hopefully it isn't too dark for night rides.
Cee4-3Direct.jpg

--G
Thanks for the info and pics. Tell me, last time I was in WA (~1964), there were trees. What happened to them? :lol:

Jeff, thanks for the info & pictures. You say that it's 2" H x 4" W. From your pictures I can see the 2" high but looking at the pictures I can't see where it's 2" wider on the side at the point that Cee Baily says they measure it.
Guess I'll just have to ride over to Montebello and try them all on.
That's the biggest reason I rushed to make this post. The way that CB measures their shield as compared to the OEM is VERY confusing. The CB +4w is essentially the same width as the stock 07 Yami shield at the bottom. The extra 4" shows up at the top where the stock Yami shield tapers inward.

Jeff, have you had a passenger with ya yet? My wife is complaining of too much wind buffeting above 60mph and I hope something like this one would be cure.

Thanks, Cary

Jeff, have you had a passenger with ya yet? My wife is complaining of too much wind buffeting above 60mph and I hope something like this one would be cure.
Thanks, Cary
Only passenger so far has been my 10-year old daughter. I did make it a point to ask her specific questions about noise, wind etc. She was used to the +4/+4 on the 05, and has more hours as my passenger than all the others put together.

Her only comment was "fine", "nope" "didn't feel anything". I do think she would have bitched if something was wrong. It's genetic!

:)

I should have a "more mature" and definitely taller passenger by no later than this coming weekend. I'll post feedback immediately after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,
Do you look through the windshield or above it like the stock windshield?
I look above the windshield like stock. That's what I like about "the flip". It lets you ride in quiet, yet look above a "shorter" shield. (Most) Bugs go right above my head.

Thanks, Cary
Only passenger so far has been my 10-year old daughter. I did make it a point to ask her specific questions about noise, wind etc. She was used to the +4/+4 on the 05, and has more hours as my passenger than all the others put together.

Her only comment was "fine", "nope" "didn't feel anything". I do think she would have bitched if something was wrong. It's genetic!

:)

I should have a "more mature" and definitely taller passenger by no later than this coming weekend. I'll post feedback immediately after.

Any update from a passenger?

thanks, Cary

CeeBailey +4w x +2h with flip windshield on 2007.
I’ll take this opportunity to brag about the quality of the CB shield. The material is indeed aircraft grade and thicker than most. Optical clarity is superb. There are no surface aberrations or optical distortions of any kind. All the edges are ground uniformly. The only problem I can report is a slight misalignment of the two outer bottom mounting holes, which in my opinion, need to be moved about 2mm each.

Cheap it’s not. Delivered price as ordered direct from CB was close to $200. But IMO you will be hard-pressed to find a better quality shield.

Pictures at bottom of this post.

Test ride report:

60 mph – 1/3 up position, very quiet ride, my favorite height.

* Noise level similar to having the window “cracked open” on the cager.

* No noticeable buffeting, no noticeable backpressure.

* Minimal airflow over the hands similar to having handguards. Even fingertips felt no wind.

* 15-20 mph surface winds; headings 045 & 315; the wind pushes with very manageable buffeting to the bike. Nothing drastic or sudden. Headings 090 & 270, wind pushes the high-velocity airstream coming off the sides of the shield into the arm bends (elbows) and against the torso side. Air is strong but very clean. No swirling or nasty turbulence, just definite pressure from the added force of high-velocity air flow being redirected.

80 mph – fully retracted position.

* Expected wind noise and pressure on the top half of my helmet. I’m 5’10” (178cm) in height.

* Removed a glove and tested air stream position. High-velocity air stream is extremely clean and touches the helmet just at the top of my face shield.

* At this shield height there is very little backpressure. I know this because there is minimal air flow going down the helmet face and my ride jacket barely balloons forward.

80 mph – 1/3 up position, very quiet ride, again my favorite height.

* Similar to fully-retracted except there is virtually no wind noise in the helmet. Ear plugs are in no way necessary. MP3 player sounds great a medium volume setting.

* Crosswind effect from 045 & 315 headings is slightly reduced as compared to 60 mph test.

80 mph – full up position.

* Similar to 1/3 up position in that everything is quiet. I expected an increase in air flow across my hands and fingertips but surprisingly found none. The bottom part of the shield seems to work equally well with guarding the hands at all positions.

* Backpressure is somewhat increased. Ride gear balloons forward with slight force, but still no discernable force on the back of the helmet.

* Gas mileage decrease of approximately 3 mpg over the fully-retracted position due to the increased drag.

* No noticeable change in crosswind performance.

110 mph (speaking in theory of course)– fully retracted position.

* All air stream edges are very clean. I leaned out to each side, raised and lowered my head height to position my body both in and out of the high-velocity stream. The air was amazingly clean with no buffeting or noticeable turbulence on the sides or the top stream.

* Helmet lift was an issue, but always has been on the old, 2003 model HJC that I tested with. Sorry, new helmet not yet ready for testing!

* No noticeable back pressure from against the tank to halfway back on the passenger seat.

Note: All tests were performed with a Yamaha top case in place, 65F temps and sea-level altitude. Air density was “medium” with humidity in the 40% range.

Next five pics with stock/OEM shield taped over place of the CB shield.

p0001260.jpg

p0001261.jpg

p0001262.jpg

p0001263.jpg

p0001264.jpg

Next three pics with helmet on to avoid scaring women and small children.

:smile:

p0001265.jpg

p0001266.jpg

p0001267.jpg
Thanks for the write up, I am 5'9" and I am considering a 4w 2h as well. However I can not see the photos you added.

Would you mind posting the pictures again.

Thanks very much.

Sorry, but those pics were long deleted. I edited the original post and included some pics that may suffice for reference.

Sorry, but those pics were long deleted. I edited the original post and included some pics that may suffice for reference.
Thanks anyways, I found some through google image search and placed an order for +4w +2h. It was hard to decide between clear vs light gray, but i went with clear.

Thanks again.

I've got a +4 +3 with flip on my '06. I'm 5'11" and my experience is similar to that of the original poster. Because of comments on this forum, I ordered the gasket with the windshield, but then didn't need it because the windshield came with one. Now I have a spare. I used the stock shield with a Laminar Lip for 2 years until a horizontal crack appeared in the top portion of the stock shield (behind the Laminar Lip). The new CB is large, but the quality is excellent and it works, at least for me.

Gentlemen, thank you. Just spent $213 of my bonus money on a +4 +2 today based on your recommendations here. Looking forward to riding in far more comfort after its arrival, and may do my first long road trip this spring. Coastal Maine maybe?

Can't wait to get the thing.

Gentlemen, thank you. Just spent $213 of my bonus money on a +4 +2 today based on your recommendations here. Looking forward to riding in far more comfort after its arrival, and may do my first long road trip this spring. Coastal Maine maybe?
Hi , do you have any pics taken directly looking at the front of the bike? I am looking to buy as well and really need more pics to make a decision on the size. Thanks

Craig

Hi , do you have any pics taken directly looking at the front of the bike? I am looking to buy as well and really need more pics to make a decision on the size. Thanks

Craig
Check THIS LINK for a picture