Yamaha Touring Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the factory touring screen on my 08. I also added the laminar lip, especially helpful for 2 up touring. W/o the lip the the pillion gets the hit as the air stream curls behind my helmet. Takes a bit of work but the lip will fit just not quite as well as on the stock shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Factory touring shield, and a MRA X-Screen touring with the removable clamps. Gonna try it out this weekend after i wire in my new Zumo.

Ordered my Cee Baileys yesterday. Wanted to go wider than the touring windscreen.

Dave

I was in love with my Yamaha touring screen. I run a Cee Bailey size huge in the winter, but Yamaha touring the rest of the year. Since I got my Laam, it raises me up just high enough that I am in buffeting hell at highway speed. I hate to do it, don't like the looks of it, but I think I'm going to have to go back to the cee bailey year round.

Bill, try using some spacers to tilt the screen a bit at full up during the warmer months. That will allow you to tilt it lower on the hot days when you want full-blast-air at neck and shoulder level for forced air cooling.

Hoping the Cee Baileys does a better job for the passenger as far as buffeting goes. I generally have to have the touring WS all the way up at 45+ MPH for the wife. Since I get stuck riding in the rain a lot the CB should be an improvement for that also.

Dave

I really like the cee bailey, and I've slowly had to admit to myself that, with the helibars and the Laam, my head is out of the pocket. I think the touring shield looks much better, but buffeting on the interstate is just a pain.

Fred, as you recommend, the tilted back, I used a 1/2" spacer at the bottom, works good. It is funny that with the stock screen I need to make it more vertical and with the touring screen I need to lay it back . Thanks for your many comments and posts.

Fred, as you recommend, the tilted back, I used a 1/2" spacer at the bottom, works good. It is funny that with the stock screen I need to make it more vertical and with the touring screen I need to lay it back . Thanks for your many comments and posts.
Is there any info for tilting it back more?? Might be worth trying before i try to cut my stock screen down, or get a smaller replacement. I want more air. Thanks!!

is the procedure listed somewhere ?? i am new to fjrs, this is my first. so learning as i go. thanks

it can't be as easy as using spacers between the windshield and the mount can it ??
smile.png
seriously, honest question.

The spacers go between the piece the windscreen mounts to and the mechanism that slides up and down. I bought some plastic spacers at my local hardware store with the appropriate sized internal hole, I angled one end to make it fit properly and cut the long side of the spacer to 1/2" , you will need longer screws, available at the hardware store as well, you can experiment by stacking washers till you find what you need, then manufacture your spacers. Fred posted a thread sometime back but I couldn't find it tonight.

is the procedure listed somewhere ?? i am new to fjrs, this is my first. so learning as i go. thanks
it can't be as easy as using spacers between the windshield and the mount can it ??
smile.png
seriously, honest question.
I started a thread a couple years ago that explains the whole thing:

3rd Gen Windshield Tuning

Nice to know. I'm picking up my 2016 ES next week and have ordered the touring shield. I'm 5'!1" and wear a Schubert C3. When I test rode the FJR I noticed significant noise and buffeting from the stock windshield. I would not have bought the bike if there were no alternative to the stock.

I am only 5-9, stock FJR seat and in the winter I run the Yamaha tour, with Fred's tilt spacers. Work great to eliminate buffeting for me.