Check out my new ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
BockTower007Large.jpg

BockTower005Large.jpg

BockTower008Large.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]I FREEEKING WISH!!!!!! [/SIZE] :cry:

2006 Honda Interceptor

Corbin Saddle

Hard Bags

Powder coated rims

Heli Risers

0-gravity windscreen.

I'm lusting after this thing harder than Britney Spears (pre-baby days) :p

The search has begun!!! Although it is likely to last about 5 years..... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for a 98 - 2001. Much joy from those pups. But I wouldn't kick that outta my garage, either. ;)
I heard there were "A LOT" of improvements during 04.

I'm curious how they ride. I would assume that speed is relatively similar to FJR, maybe even slower, but I bet handling is better.

Any Interceptor owners here who can compare it to an FJR?

I had a '99 and yeah, somewhat similar if you discount the weight, honk and wheel base. Overall, the FJR is a far superior sport-tourer, IMO, but the sound of that V-4 with the cam driven gears... Aural bliss.

I had a '99 and yeah, somewhat similar if you discount the weight, honk and wheel base. Overall, the FJR is a far superior sport-tourer, IMO, but the sound of that V-4 with the cam driven gears... Aural bliss.
That thing have a shaft drive with a single swingarm? I've never run across this particular model B-Four. Seen plenty of older Interceptors and Hurricanes however.

Saw one the other day on the road. Man that is a nice looking ride. I still wonder how it handles compared to my FJR. I have always owned Honda's. But this FJR is sure making me happy. :yahoo:

I had the original 86 all white VFR 700 F2, likes this one.

87-vfr700f2-wt.jpg

I miss that bike some days.

Can't comment on more recent VFR's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a 2000 and a 2004 and they are great bikes,but they're not quite up to snuff compared to our FJR's.

They're considered sport tourers but they're more toward sport.

From 04 on they went to the v-tec which kicks in around 6-7 k and it's a little different then the earlier models with geardriven cams.

The valve adjustment intervals are every 16k which to me is one good reason to stay with the almost maintainience free fjr in that regard.

If you've got the extra bucks to blow go for it. The VFR weighs about 475 pounds and handles great,but not a sport bike,IMHO it's a tweener.

That aside it's a helluva good lookin bike.I had ared 04 and loved the look of the pipes under the seat.

It will feel underpowered compared to the FJR,but still a great bike.

My comments the other week.

Did about an hour or just over on all kinds of roads on an 07 VFR with the new fueling map and altered V-Tec. First I noticed of course was how small it felt compared with the FJR, seemed squat and short but this was also due to the more leant forward riding position. Bike handled well even with my 21 stone on it, acceleration was good as long as the right gear was selected and the engine just loved to rev. Nice thing was the lack of vibrations at just about any cruising speed though they were a little noticable when over the 6600 vtec cut in point. The vtec was made more noticable by the flat spot in power just before it cuts in.

Very comfortable but the screen was hopeless and the mirrors absolutely useless in tight traffic. It did suffer from some glitches in fueling especially on slow corners where the throttle tended to come in with a jerk and when accelerating hard through the gears the throttle would sometimes fail to pick up instantly when going up the box though slow speed filtering seems to have been cured. The bike only had 550 miles on it so will probably improve after first service.

Conclusion? Yes I would have one but maybe as a second bike for those shorter trips, the FJR is just so comfortable and has a massive footprint for car drivers to spot, if only the vibes could be cured. Maybe next year I can pick up a year old model for a good price.

Thanks for the info Rock!!

The infatuation is already wearing off the more I read about it.

It is a damn fine looking machine, but it just seems redundant to own an FJR and a VFR.

I thought it would be significantly lighter and handle much better, but many of the reviews I read say it's kinda middle of the road.

That thing have a shaft drive with a single swingarm? I've never run across this particular model B-Four. Seen plenty of older Interceptors and Hurricanes however.
No, it's chain drive. That white was an 06 only color, the 07's are red, white,and blue. Nice bikes, but I like the FJR motor better, seems like it should be better all around. The guy I bought my 05 from has an 06 white, just like that pic. He likes it but said the v-tec takes some time to get used to.