Checking Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devanator

Reaction score
Made it home safely around 6:30PM. Will post up pics sometime this week.

Wind wasn't much better this year than last. My daughter handled it better than I thought she would. She and I had a blast. Want to thank Bill (jackson) and others for what turned out to be another great CFO.

Rick Corwin and Myself finished our SS1000. Had some beautiful roads to ride.

I guess it's a dead heat, I got in right at 6:30 also.

Devanator's SS1K route was great the Bighorns, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, road construction and rain. Hey if it were easy everybody'd do it.

Bill did an outstanding job as usual. BTW, you guys that skipped CFO for Moto GP how was the weather ;)

Ralph and I both made it home safe and sound, it was good to see everyone again this year and we had a great time riding the hills

hope to see you all again next year

Don

Home at 6:45 for me. That makes two iron half butts for me this weekend! (Or is that half iron butts?) :rolleyes: Anyway, plenty of distance for me.

Congrats to Devanator and Rick Corwin for their SS1000. Thanks Bill for the organization and thanks Marsha, John, Eric, Bill, Dale and Pam for the great rides. I learned a lot.

Hope to see you all again somewhere down the road.

Cheers,

7X

Home safe and sound, arrived back in wet MN about 7:30PM. Hooked up with Radman, and Mr. Paul for a major chunk of the ride back (thanks guys). Plus and minus of riding behind Radman, plus.........you make excellent time, minus........you have to stare at his ass for 6+ hours, my vision is still blurred.

Thanks to everyone for making my first CFO an outstanding event. It was my first trip to the Black Hills and my only complaint (besides the new front tire deal), was not having enough time to see everything in a few days. Oh well, I will just have to make a return trip........soon.

Special thanks to Bill, for dialing me in on the new tire, and an excellent ride Friday afternoon.

Newton

This is more of a "spotted" post, but I was taking the cage back to Iowa City from Omahell and I noticed a blue, 05 I think, cruising south on I-29 around 20:47... hopefully you made it safely!

Got back somewhere between 7 and 7:30. Lost sight of Radman about 25 minutes before the end. I take it he made it too. Thanks for taking the lead Radman!

Wind was a little better than last year but still a chllenge in a few places. Rain the last 2 and a half to 3 hours wasn't needed, but we made it.

Had a great time and thanks again to Devonator, Jackson, Marsha and any others that conspired to make it a very successful and good time. Those are some awesome roads you got there!

Now if someone would just clean the roadslime off my feej...

paul from Minnesota (after meeting Paul Newton, maybe I should change that?)

Got back somewhere between 7 and 7:30. Lost sight of Radman about 25 minutes before the end. I take it he made it too. Thanks for taking the lead Radman!
I had a monstrous case of Spearfish Revenge going the whole ride home-more than the butter was rancid from that lunch the day before. Culinary word of warning/advice-avoid getting the chili in Spearfish-can't remember where exactly it was, so avoid it all just to be safe........... :unsure: Home never looked better than after wind/rain/major squirms.

Glad you folks make it back safely. Of course the weather is GREAT here now. Temps in the mid to high 80s all this week and no rain.

I'm back!

CFO was a great time, thanks to Bill and Marsha for putting the meet together.