Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - September

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
There's already some great ideas rolling in for September's ride in the August ride thread, so I thought I'd start a "September" thread. I think a Fall Colors Tour of Wisconsin is kind of an obvious choice for September. What's everyone's availability looking like? For me, I could probaby do the 15th, 16th, or 30th.

Edit: Just remembered, I'll be in Green Lake, WI, on the 15th & 16th. So if that weekend, I'll probably have to meet up somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is kind of a longer ride :huh: :unsure: , but we could go exploring into Wisconsin.... it is roughly 470 miles but would include a long afternoon of twisties and sweepers and more.

Route would be something like...

Barrington to Rockford through Mt. Horeb

on towards Wisconsin going though Reedsburg, Ontario,

lunch at the Rockton Bar & Grill and then on towards Richland Center, Monfort,

and back into IL near Elizabeth

I missed the last one due to teaching. If we make next one on either 15 or 16 I just might make it, if wife does not decide to deliver earlier :) we have it scheduled for the 21st. So, let's make it happen.

Rockton Bar would rock Sat is a Prime Rib and Sun is BBQ Chicken. Would have to pre-order to make sure we get it.

Well....2nd ride I missed. Willl try for the next one. I was out yesterday and River Road traffic was still being diverted at some spots.

Would love to do another meet, but I know it's tough to coordinate everybody's schedules. Here's my availability:

Sept 15-16: Not Available

Sept 22-23: Maybe (50/50 chance of doing Deal's Gap that weekend)

Sept 29-30: Available

Oct 6-7: Not Available (Chicago Marathon)

Oct 13-14: Available

As before, I work Sat. but not ever Sun. I'll be going on a ride Sunday Sept. 9 to Wisconsin Dells (Paul Bunyan Restaurant) to meet some more ST.net folks. My other Sat. afternoons and Sundays in Sept. are open. I sure hope to make this one!!

I missed the August get together and my September calendar doesn't look much better. I'm on bike tour the 9th-16th. I'm planning to make it this month if the date works out.

Scott

Well, the only chance I have of being able to make it is if I have to cancel on CFO. Otherwise I will be using up all of my "Time Off For Good Behavior" with the family for that trip. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.

No bike fo me yet, due to stupid finance company that doesn't have a lien on my title..long story. Even if I did , my 1 year anniversary is sept 15th and I'm on shift the 16th. Hopefully I'll get the letter I'm waiting on to get my title w/in the next week and maybe ride before it snows <_< .

Last edited by a moderator:
Teaching a BRC on September 15 and have commitment I can't break on the 30th. Only Saturday I'm free in September is the 22nd. Have a great ride.

Jon

Now have commitment for September 22, so I have no free weekends this month. I'm starting to think I should take up snow mobiling.

As much as I'd like ot put together the September ride, I just ran out of time :angry2:

Looking into October, I'm thinking another Sunday brunch at the Starved Rock Lodge, followed by a "long way home" ride. October 13th is the only date I have.

Somebody PLEASE take the lead, get together and RIDE this month......then post up and tell the rest of us what we missed :glare:

That sucks. I have 9 days left and still have to paint the room and wire and install two ceiling fans with lights. If by some miracle I am done with it by Sat or Sun I can lead the group. It would be a last minute call. So, stand by.

Greg,

Do you have that route planed? Can you send it to me?

Well, Tanya and I will be making a day ride run on Sunday the 16th around the driftless area. It's relaxed, no GPS routes as we're GPS unliterate, me on the feejer and her on her 900SS, meet you at the Mobil station in Mt. Horeb at 9am if you like to. I'll run around 2 lane alphabet roads to the La Crosse area. Whereever or whenever you want to split off is up to you. We'll be leaving Janesville about 7:30, PM for addy if you want to meet sooner than Mt. Horeb.

Dual Sport guys-there is a great DS ride this weekend around Morrison. :clapping:

Man, I got to get cranking. Already run pipes and mounting braket for the fan in one room. Got to finish up and do the same in the other room. I need to ride.

Take pictures.

Man, I got to get cranking. Already run pipes and mounting braket for the fan in one room. Got to finish up and do the same in the other room. I need to ride.
Take pictures.

I'm pretty illiterate as far as posting pics is concerned.

BTW- The Mt. Horeb Mobil station is closer to downtown, and near the roundabout, than the 4 lane highway.