Chicken Strips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=24pt]TUP?[/SIZE]

It could very well be why subjects such as this are placed under the category heading they are. Never-Ending Pointless Recurring Threads.

Though it does make for great entertainment. ;)

[SIZE=24pt]TUP?[/SIZE]
It could very well be why subjects such as this are placed under the category heading they are. Never-Ending Pointless Recurring Threads.

Though it does make for great entertainment. ;)
As I said before, some of us were talking in this thread about chicken strips. Some dickheads came into the thread to add a bunch of TUPS (Totally useless posts). If this thread got into the Never-Ending Pointless Recurring Threads, its because the moderators don't come down on these jerks who polute the threads.

I really can't believe the vast majority of subscribers here really want mindless posting in every thread that anyone starts. Any chance the moderators could put that to a vote?

I really can't believe the vast majority of subscribers here really want mindless posting in every thread that anyone starts. Any chance the moderators could put that to a vote?
It's hard to take you seriously, posting the above some 3 weeks into your forum membership. If you were really earnest, you'd have joined the forum and put in your requests to change the forum to suit your needs immediately.

0786881852.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You are right. Like it or not, it is much too often used as an indicator of how aggressively you ride.PRIMARILY, by those who have no comprehension of how a stopwatch works.
Maybe Jestal will be along with a good explanation!

QUOTE(kurtfriedrich @ Oct 12 2007, 02:45 AM)

What else am I supposed to do at work???

man if you have to measure tires you better get a life
This is worst forum I have seen where people who have no interest in a thread feel compelled to jump in and pollute the tread with shit. If you don't like the thread, stay out of it!
actually, it's more of a "cup half full" forum; people willing to call BS on a topic with their reasons why.

being able to support a belief, or position, helps strengthen your logic and support structure for that belief. being forced to think through a belief will either make it stronger or it will fall by the wayside once you realize that it's hollow and weak.

this is true for stunta threads, religious ideology, and any other idea/belief/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is worst forum I have seen where people who have no interest in a thread feel compelled to jump in and pollute the tread with shit. If you don't like the thread, stay out of it!
This coming from the first guy to call TUP?

Sorry if somebody else pointed this out, no time to read the topic to the end. I gotta get back to work.

Am I hijacking this thread if I don't talk about whether I can whine or not? Is it still acceptable to post about chicken strips?

Okay, back on topic... I've never measured my chicken strips, but as soon as it stops raining I'll go outside and report back. All the rain around here does tend to make for large chicken strips because for some reason, traction is compromised when the roads are wet (it's a physics thing). I do know that the FJR has less clearance than my old CBR because I actually touched my left foot on a highway off ramp. Note to self: keep ball of foot on peg when cornering moderately agressively on the FJR because it's not totally a sportbike.

Now back to our regularly scheduled whining.....

Sorry if somebody else pointed this out, no time to read the topic to the end. I gotta get back to work.

that was quoted out of context. I started the post with that, and then when on in that post to try and bring the thread back to the topic of the thread.

that was quoted out of context.
bullshit.jpg

It's Friday and time for some fun. I will start by measueing my Shinko strips so I have a better reason not to give a Shit about something that doesn't apply to ones riding ability but more about their ability to pose and talk about it. :D

To all and any, regardless of whether you give a shit or not, or feel like stating so makes you any more important than the others here (try ALLCAPS if you want to be heard, then we'll all recognize you as a Richard Cranium):

With the odd occasion of having some slow time at work, I was curious about this in terms of working out some bank angle calulations for fun. I KNOW that there are a lot of variables, so for the purpose of wasting company time, I planned to collect all the numbers and seeing what I could establish. Just for my own entertainment purposes, not to draw any conclusions.

Thanks for the input.

With the odd occasion of having some slow time at work, I was curious about this in terms of working out some bank angle calulations for fun. I KNOW that there are a lot of variables, so for the purpose of wasting company time, I planned to collect all the numbers and seeing what I could establish. Just for my own entertainment purposes, not to draw any conclusions.
Now that's the kind of thread I would gladly participate in and contribute to. Curiosity is a wonderful thing and statistics/data can be very intriguing when "interpreted". So might I suggest you start a thread titled "Chicken Strip Data Gathering, Your measurements wanted" or something along those lines.

But when somebody starts a thread titled "Chicken Strips, How do you measure up?", I can't resist whipping out my big 10" stopwatch (old eyes need big clock hands) and replying... WGAS!

I promise to behave in the new thread, unless somebody goats me into getting off topic about tires, oil, or 4'12" pole dancers.

:)

It stopped raining so I went outside work to measure.
Front 10mm

Rear 10mm

Do I win some kind of award?
MetricMeters?

Google Maps has you 142 mi (miles) from cannukdom

Speak American dammit

You've got between 3/8" and .400" chicken strips front and rear

Richard Cranium
Off topic: That's Ricardo Cabesa to you mister! Back on topic... I have HUGE chicken strips right now. 1/2 hour ago I had a new rear tire put on ye' ol' chicken strip stripper.

or 4'12" pole dancers.
Er, I actually missed a thread somewhere? :lol:

As to Huck's test data, I would argue that there are too many variables to make conclusions, but WTH, that's a topic never been discussed before. Go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you just have a friend hold the bike level and measure the footpeg feeler height off the ground and that point's (the spot on the ground you measured peg height from) distance from the center of the bike and calculate the soft-touch angle, then do the same for the brake lever and center stand for the hard-tough angle?

It stopped raining so I went outside work to measure.
Front 10mm

Rear 10mm

Do I win some kind of award?
I have the biggest strips of any of you'se guys. Since I only tool around in my own driveway at 10 mph or less, my tires are only scuffed in a 1" strip in the center, so technically the whole rest of the friggen tire is a chicken strip.

Oh, and I like 'em extra crispy if that matters...

Now what did I win?