Clearwater Lighting at Chicago IMS tradeshow Feb. 8-10, also a possible future Group Buy!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linc

Linc
Reaction score
Hey gang, I hope this is the right forum to post this in as it does fall under "Parts"!

Anyway, wanted to share with y'all that I've been in contact with Glenn at Clearwater Lights about facilitating a possible group buy soon on their LED lights. That is a possibility, but we will still be in the "discussion phase" for awhile and I'd like to get an idea of how many are interested.

- - - - HOWEVER... There is good news!

Anyone near or willing to hit up the Chicago area this weekend should stop by the International Motorcycle Show at the Donald Stephens Convention Center.

https://www.motorcycleshows.com/chicago

--- Clearwater will be there with some great show specials (great time to buy if you're looking to add lighting for the spring riding season). There will also be some new (as yet unseen) Clearwater products unveiled at the show for those lucky enough to make it. I'd love to hit up the show to meet Glenn and of course check out all the great stuff at a trade-show and maybe score some swag (maybe a Yamaha shirt/hat, Ducati bottle opener, Pirelli pint glass, umbrella girl, etc)! ;)

Hey, if you do make it and stop by the booth, mention you're an FJR owner and you heard about the show on our forum! Always good to let companies know we love FJRs, farkles, and are numbers are many! :cool:

And also out of curiosity... if you're like me and too far from Chicago to stop by the show, but are interested in a -=Group Buy=- on a Krista or Glenda system in the next couple months, could you either PM or email me? Trying to get a feel for how much interest there is in a GB this winter/spring. The last Clearwater GB was fall 2011, dark and dreary winter/spring riding is coming and I for one think its time for another! :D

There's no motive behind this "fishing post" other than trying to get everyone hooked up with some great lights and also work with an American company that knows what customer service and quality products are. I've seen enough stories of $99 lights failing multiple times in a year to know I want bright lights that will last and a warranty the manufacturer will stand behind.

Thanks everyone,

Abe in Michigan

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tyler! He has a picture of a CanAm with Glendas on it, looks pretty sweet...
punk.gif
We'll see what happens but if something moves forward I'll be in touch with you in case you are interested!

Oh yeah... just in case someone doesn't know how sexy these lights are, a little reminder:
chickawow.gif

RED%20Glenda%20Ducati.jpg

2010%20F650GS.jpg

1306869978clearwater_krista_glenda_led_lights.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

Thanks Tyler! He has a picture of a CanAm with Glendas on it, looks pretty sweet...
punk.gif
We'll see what happens but if something moves forward I'll be in touch with you in case you are interested!
Oh I would definitely be interested... we had spoken at IMS either last year or the one before about bringing my rig in for some measurements so he could work something up for it... sounds like maybe he's already done that but I'm totally willing to be a guinea pig for future endeavors! ;) :D

I don't know if Glenn has made an official announcement yet, so I'll just say if you like the Kristas, wait'll you see what's next! Yep, saw it. New technology. Impressive.

I might be in for a group buy assuming it included mounting brackets, etc. for my '03.
Greg, last time there was a CW group buy it did include brackets... so I'm going to shoot for that too.

If there was another group buy I would be interested.
Great, thanks for joining in! Keeping an unofficial list and so far with Tyler and myself we are possibly at 4 sets. This will help next week when I talk to Glenn and can at least let him know there is strong interest from the forum.
coolsmiley02.gif

I don't know if Glenn has made an official announcement yet, so I'll just say if you like the Kristas, wait'll you see what's next! Yep, saw it. New technology. Impressive.
Mike, he hasn't made an announcement yet... but if anyone stops by the tradeshow they will get an eyeful of whatever he is cooking up next! I'm trying to figure out if it's worth a 13 hour round trip in the winter to drive down there this weekend! LOL

Can you say if their new product will be in the form of a pencil beam? Have the Krista's... they're a very good product...

produces a very bright, white light. Just doesn't have the long range punch that my PIAA 910's had.

Art, I'm not sure if their newest product is a pencil or more flood type light... I should know more next week after the show! I wouldn't be surprised if it was possibly a dual-use light with a flood/distance setting but that's just me guessing... we'll have to see. Most of my fears at night come with the four-legged freaks known as deer here in Michigan. Just nailed one in the head two nights ago with my Honda Pilot, blew my bumper cover open and killed my left fog light. They are suicidal, I swear! Gimme the FJRs ABS and a set of Kristas, I'll say my chances of avoidance go up a lot.

Thanks for the question, I'll get back to you when I know more. :)

Abe

Looking forward to your report. Would love to have a "pencil beam Krista" to mount above the regular Krista.

That would be da bomb.

I would be interested in group buy. Just curious to what new lights they will bring out. I am wanting to get a set of lower running lights.

I'd be interested as well.. Looking to replace my Hella ff50's something brighter

I would be interested in group buy. Just curious to what new lights they will bring out. I am wanting to get a set of lower running lights.
Thanks for chiming in guys, I'll keep you all in the loop next week when I'm able to talk with Glenn.

Just a random comment, but here in Northern Michigan there are 3' snowbanks, it was -6º this morning without windchill, and anything plastic was likely to crack if you tried to use it.
cold.gif
Crazy to think in 60 days or less I'll be riding my Feejer around! Ahhh, the Midwest!

Put me down as interested in a group buy. Lights are something you can never have enough of.

I'm also looking forward to hearing your review on the products.

I didn't notice the above post until today.

I was at the Chicago show opening day and got a great deal on a combined order for Glendas and Kristas. Saved $250 off his website price plus he threw in a set of brackets to mount the Kristas to the FJR and free shipping so the total savings were closer to $350. And he also threw in a flashlight. Very nice people. Looking forward to getting the lights.

They were also displaying new lights that are twice as bright as the Glendas and Kristas but naturally the new lights are more money.

I didn't notice the above post until today.
I was at the Chicago show opening day and got a great deal on a combined order for Glendas and Kristas. Saved $250 off his website price plus he threw in a set of brackets to mount the Kristas to the FJR and free shipping so the total savings were closer to $350. And he also threw in a flashlight. Very nice people. Looking forward to getting the lights.

They were also displaying new lights that are twice as bright as the Glendas and Kristas but naturally the new lights are more money.
Wow, that is a fantastic show deal! Okay... so those new lights sound like something to get excited about.
punk.gif

Hopefully there will be info out on those soon, I'm assuming they weren't for sale yet? Were they going to be for bikes or more race/rally car market?

I, too, am interested in LED AUX lights for my 2007 FJR.

I have a question though. I don't think I would opt for adding any lights on the moving part of the forks (or fenders). Wouldn't this subject the units to quite a bit of shock?
no2.gif

Slardy