Contemplating a trip over Turkey Day weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks as though Jay is in... he's just going to need to arrive on Friday night. I've decided to wait until the very last minute to make a reservation. I guess we play it by ear, Joe. I hope to see you guys.

Mind if I crash the party? Not ready to commit just yet but seriously considering it. Denny can vouch for me, I've rode with him on several SE Ohio rides with my Tiger.

Mind if I crash the party? Not ready to commit just yet but seriously considering it. Denny can vouch for me, I've rode with him on several SE Ohio rides with my Tiger.
I don't see that being a problem. The weather for Lewisburg is starting to look a little better...but I'll still need to see if I can make it out of my driveway Friday morning.

Absolutely welcome to come with us, Jim.

I'm going to throw a Garmin GPS route together this weekend. If anyone wants it (just in case) PM me your email.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to hear from you Jim.

Sorry I didn't get back with you on the tunnel of trees trip,but I've been working crazy hours all fall.

I really enjoyed our little romp through 339,530 and others.Speaking of that area...they paved 676 late this year.

How's the FJR working out for you?

It's good to hear from you Jim.
Sorry I didn't get back with you on the tunnel of trees trip,but I've been working crazy hours all fall.

I really enjoyed our little romp through 339,530 and others.Speaking of that area...they paved 676 late this year.

How's the FJR working out for you?
No problem on the tunnel of trees trip, I've been very busy also and probably wouldn't have been able to make it.

Only have about 3000 miles on the FJR. Need to farkle a bit over the winter to make it a little more comfortable for me ergo wise. I'm anxious to try another set of tires as these stock Bridgestones just don't give me a good seat of the pants feel in the twisties. It could be just getting use to the heavier steering jumping from the Tiger to the FJR or a combination of the two.

BTW I was on 676 a couple weeks ago, very nice!

Doesn't look so favorable to me, Joe.

I had some issues come up this weekend. I will likely bow out on this trip. Jay & I briefly discussed the possibility of doing a trip over new years weekend.

This would likely be my last chance till spring. New Years is not a long weekend for me...just have off on the 1'st.

So...It's sounding like this weekend ain't happening?

I don't see it happening for me. Doesn't mean that ya'll cannot go. If you do, have a good time.

Ya'll be careful. If you want route help, I can probably point u in the right direction unless you intend to get up with leader Jim.

& forgot to say... I already have reservations @ the Microtel for Ohio Ramble. We'll see how that plays out for me. I may see you there,

Heidi