Contour Vholdr HD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg23232

Reaction score
Scored a Contour Vholdr HD camera from the Pashnit end of year sale. Anyone have one and if so, how did you mount it on your FJR? I'd like to use a mount somewhere on the side of the bike if possible instead of on my helmet or up on the bars. Also, what frame rate and sound level have you found to be the most useful?

Scored a Contour Vholdr HD camera from the Pashnit end of year sale. Anyone have one and if so, how did you mount it on your FJR? I'd like to use a mount somewhere on the side of the bike if possible instead of on my helmet or up on the bars. Also, what frame rate and sound level have you found to be the most useful?
EG

Had one for about a year, love it although the on/off can be tricky until you get used to it. Now I am used to it we get pretty good results

Goldwing over North Cascades clip

The main mount is on side of my helmet, this gives a "first person" type view, we have mounted it on the side of the fairing, it's OK, but the helmet view is the one we prefer, also there is some movement of the fairing plastics on the bumpy road. We have a ram ball on both bikes at the risers in case we want to use it on either bike as well but never needed to as the other mounting points give such a good view.

The next mount is going to be on the bags, so we can get a view of the road and a better impression of lean, I think Fairlaner uses this view, amongst others for his go-pro.

As for the setup, I have microphone gain down on the fairing but turn it up a little on the helmet as it is in the bubble behind the screen, although at anything approaching FJR speeds the microphone is all but useless.

Frame rate of 60 gives wonderful clear video for action, although 30 is OK, the above video was shot at 30 fps.

On the mode switch, I have one setup for full HD 1080, 30 fps and the other 720 60 fps that way I can swap enroute if I need to.

The only problem I had with it was not emptying the (computer) trash when I deleted the files on the card. The camera seemed to think they were still there and did not record, but now I know and no problems have occurred since then.

Just get yourself a additional disk drive as all these great video's will soon use it up. Play with the settings see which one you like and go

hope this helps, have fun

DB