Recent farkling on my 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the three short weeks that I have had my FJR, I have been busy.

Power:
Installed a Fuzeblock under the rear seat to take my phone charger, ZumoXT charger, heated gear outlet.

Tankbag:
Added a Shad tankbag (E-04P) that connects to the fuel filler area. I don't like large tank bags as they just seem to collect more than I need. What was important was that it didn't get in the way of the Helibars that the previous owner had installed. The bars come very close at full lock but don't touch so mission accomplished.

20230822_115719.jpg

Protection:
The bike came with T-Rex engine guards. Today I installed the T-Rex luggage guards. They look great. Easy install and solid!

20230825_131532.jpg

Rack:
I was looking for the infamous Givi SR357 but our Canadian suppliers were out of stock. Found out that Kappa is Givi. The Kappa KR357 rack is identical to the Givi SR357 (the instructions in both actually have both part numbers). It came with a new Kappa/GIVI Monokey mount but I decided not to use it. My bike already came with an adapter plate and Givi Monokey mount on the stock rack so I decided to use that instead. Personally I think it looks much better than the GIVI/Kappa mount plate (very plastic looking).

20230825_132632.jpg

Visibility:
I moved over my AdMore Light Bar Pro from my old bike and also applied some reflective stickers to the back of the side bags.

20230824_202202.jpg

Seat:
I have had zero complaints regarding the stock seat. But I had a sheepskin cover for my old bike (Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe) and it has been great these past few years. So I decided to cut it down to size to fit the FJR (see above pics).

Absolutely loving this amazing machine!

Thanks
Roger

So the aluminum monokey mount you have on your 357 is what they sell for the stock rack? I like it much better than the plastic. Did it bolt up directly or did you have to do some drilling?

So the aluminum monokey mount you have on your 357 is what they sell for the stock rack? I like it much better than the plastic. Did it bolt up directly or did you have to do some drilling?
Eddy,

From what I can tell, the previous owner purchased this kit for the FJR. It comes with an adapter plate that mounted onto the stock OEM basic rack (pictured below) then the nice looking aluminum plate bolted onto that adapter.

20230830_080015.jpg

When I saw how ugly the toilet seat mount looked, I wondered if I could use the existing mount I had.

It mounted in perfectly, no new holes to drill, perfectly placed.

I would think that if you can find the GIVI M8B (black) Monokey Plate or GIVI M8A (silver) Monokey Plate, it should mount perfectly onto the SR357 or Kappa KR357.

Thanks.
Roger