Could I change my Screen name?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodyPecker

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Looked around in the admin area and couldn't find anything related to whether it's possible to change a screen name. After YFO this year I realized I really think my screen name FJRunnin is boring after meeting forum folks with more "interesting" screen names. I would like it to change it to P-wood. Can that be possible? Thanks! Daniel

It's not your name that makes you interesting or unique. It's YOU! There are plenty of people here with forum names that are a first initial and last name, or some variance if where they live. Nothing boring or uninteresting about them at all. The people behind the name, make the name! FJRunnin is only bad if your FJR isn't actually running.

P-wood is not better. It may be worse because you'll have to rebuild the reputation you've already begun. Just a thought. Lol.

Thanks Zilla, point taken. But I'm a FNG, so got no real reputation yet to speak of. But after meeting the characters at YFO I'd like to start building a proper good un! And Bug, I went with P-wood cause I didn't know if admin would let let me use Peckerwood but that would be the Preferred Choice! See the photo! I didn't just come up with that name outta thin air ya know

https://www.google.com/amp/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=peckerwood&amp=true

"A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted, the term gained popularity in the deep south during the early twentieth century and was meant to be derogatory. It is a reversal of the name of the red bellied woodpecker which had a patch of red on the back of its head and neck, therefore a peckerwood is a redneck, terms that describe similar groups of people are trailer trash or white trash but neither of those have the same effect or ring to them as peckerwood does.

From: "Peckerwood Nation" www.dailykos.com \storyonly/2006/6/28/181447/773"

AND, the association I have with the name:

"Currently, the term peckerwood is used to refer both to white youths with loose ties to white power gangs in and out of prison, as well as to actual skinhead gangs who have incorporated "peckerwood" into their name. The various Peckerwood gangs appear to be concentrated largely in California, where they participate in the methamphetamine trade and have ties to other white supremacist gangs such as the Nazi Low Riders. Peckerwood gang members have been charged with a variety of crimes ranging from dealing drugs to attempted murder. Many gang members sport Peckerwood tattoos to display their affiliations."

If you cannot get your user name changed, you could put someting like 'aka Peckerwood' in your signature line as an alternative. I don't see anything wrong with FJRunnin, P-wood, oe Peckerwood, whatever suits you not others.

Holy S**T Zilla! And i thought peckerwood was just a doofus guy, and was SO looking forward to a greeting of "Hey Pecker!" at a meet up! Can't we just ignore word origins for once, or those who have co-opted a good moniker?! I guess we go with Bugnatr's suggested Peckerhead. Is that ok, or did some mass murderer in prison get nicknamed that? And if admin changes the screen name, do my posts so far stay with the name? Thanks for putting up with this shenanigans!

Holy S**T Zilla! And i thought peckerwood was just a doofus guy, and was SO looking forward to a greeting of "Hey Pecker!" at a meet up! Can't we just ignore word origins for once, or those who have co-opted a good moniker?! I guess we go with Bugnatr's suggested Peckerhead. Is that ok, or did some mass murderer in prison get nicknamed that? And if admin changes the screen name, do my posts so far stay with the name? Thanks for putting up with this shenanigans!
Hahahahahaha...No telling how some ding dong will ruin a good thing. Since I haven't met you yet, you can be Runnin or Pecker. Whatever makes you happy.

Okay then Zilla, make me "Motorpecker". That's it! No gang associations with that I guess (that would make a pretty sad biker gang wouldn't it?) Got a certain ring to it don't ya think? And if somebody called me "Peck for short" well I'd try not to take that as a backhanded insult, and just give it right back to em with a pithy retort! Gratitude to you if you could do this for me, as long as I can keep my 27 previous posts and still be a Training Pilot. I just noticed I'm not an FNG anymore! And of course if someone called me a dork, I wouldn't take offense or think they thought I was ACTUALLY a whale penis!

Okay then Zilla, make me "Motorpecker". That's it!
When you actually decide what you want to change your screen name to, send a PM to an administrator. We offer a one-time change as a courtesy, but you get to live with it for the rest of your time here. Until then it's just jibber jabber.

Thanks

The Management

Hmmm.... is "Jibber Jabber" available?
rolleyes.gif

Easy there, fellers. "Peckerwood" is indeed Southern, and last time I checked, anyplace in Callyfornya is NOT the Southland. The term is also far more than derogatory; such language might invite fisticuffs and thrown objects if used in a juke joint late on a Saturday night.

Besides, like the Zillerman said, it isn't your name, is what you say and how you say it. (And the pictures you post in your Ride Reports.)

FJRunnin sounds Jamaican. And semi-fast. Is that bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is 'Jibber jabber' because it's all up to you.

We don't decide on changing your name ... only YOU do.

"Do or do not. There is no try." Master Yoda

Ok Boys, Peckerwood has been officially 86'd. But don't cha like "Motorpecker"? That's just a good name that so invites full rations of ya kno what! I surely do appreciate the feedback on me getting a new name though. And I thought EYE was the only Peckerwood here! We are, as you will note, Still on-topic! Have a good day, MP

There used to be a Toecutter around here, now that was a cool name. He don't come around no more...

If we all help with a name and you chose it, will you do any other stupid things we ask?????? Just be your own person and try to be original. This really should be a Friday topic.
punk.gif

Hahaha....Sorry 'Runnin, I cannot change your Forum name. That would be Ignacio, or Bounce. I am just a lowly rule-bending member, just like most everyone else here.

Could a poll be in the making?? Would probably be a Forum first.
oneeyedsmiley02.png

Name the Newbie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.