Could this be an Olympic sport? Looks pretty cool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fake. The guy had way too many teeth and there was no alcohol involved. What's more, I never heard a single YEE- HAWWW

This was THE big sport here in Auburn in the Gold Rush days. Best as I can tell from the several historical books I've read on this place, within a couple hundred yards of where I live (or maybe even on the spot) was the primary location of such recreation. And as for gunpowder, one of the biggest gunpowder manufacturers of the times was located right off Highway 80 at the Meadow Vista/Clipper Gap exit (north side of 80). A few unplanned explosions there killed a number of people over the years.

And as for gunpowder, one of the biggest gunpowder manufacturers of the times was located right off Highway 80 at the Meadow Vista/Clipper Gap exit (north side of 80). A few unplanned explosions there killed a number of people over the years.
Probably explains why there is a plethora of No Smoking signs near Meadow Vista/Clipper Gap?

That looked pretty scary to me during the prep stage...and with the camera man and bystanders so close during the shoot/launch.

I think you could put yer eye out with that thing...purty sure uh dat.

...Was pretty cool though looking at it from the safety of my monitor though. :D

I wouldn't be surprised though if there is another youtube video out there titled ...

..."cool explosion anvil video...warning: graphic dismemberment, must be 18 to sign on"...

I wouldn't be surprised though if there is another youtube video out there titled ...
..."cool explosion anvil video...warning: graphic dismemberment, must be 18 to sign on"...
:lol: :lol:

EXACTLY what I thought when I first heard about the gold miners doing it above old town Auburn back in the 1800s for evening time recreation. I could imagine one of them things come crashing through the roof of some unsuspecting citizen. Ya think that alcohol was ever involved?

Funny thing is that with all the '49 Gold Rush celebrations, memorabilia, touristy reenactments, etc. that we have here in the foothills, I have never read about one of these demonstrations being planned or conducted, nor seen one. Wonder why that might be?

Last edited by a moderator: