Counteract Motorcycle Balancing Beads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct, the calcium chloride was very corrosive. My experience was in the late 1950's and anti-freeze was considered too expensive for such use. Beet juice? Is that for real or wrencher's vernacular for anti-freeze?   :rolleyes:  
It's from Sugar Beets from what the tire guy told me.

I have used beads for the past 7 years, and have been mostly happy. I noticed some vibration above 70 mph on my last front tire change, but after adding more beads, that went away. I recently did an advanced training course on a race track, and I noticed some vibration around 100 mph. I have now purchased a tire balancer that I intend to use the next time I change my front tire - just for fun.

In summary: I think beads work just fine at legal speeds, but am not convinced at much higher speeds...

Me too.  Even though we don't have posted limits that high, it is rumored that the FJR can actually go that fast on a highway with a lower posted maximum.  (Not that I have ever tried to verify that.)
I'm confused. My comment was legal speeds were 85. You said your state did too but then said that they weren't posted that high. My point was that we ARE posted that high (legal speed limit). Who knows what the scofflaws do above and beyond. ;)