Crashed FJR & "God really loves me"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get back in the saddle as soon as possible! If you don't, you will always wonder, what if? If you do, then you will conquer any fear that may try to creep in! Just take it easy, work your way back into the ride and you'll be fine, but by all means, listen to your wife and get back on a bike. Also, get a second opinion on that bike, it sounds totalled to me. I don't care how well it is fixed, I wouldn't get back on it after a crusher like that. You have one good Guardian Angel watching over you man. I don't know how many times I have had mine working overtime. Take care and good luck on the decision. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a picture of the damage. In my opinion it doesn't look too bad... but knowing what has to be replaced, I guess it is. Everything from the tank back is ok, with the exception of the bags and other plastic parts. Tank, engine, shaft appear untouched by the accident.

You can see the forks are bent, the front fender snapped in two, cosmetic damage to plastic parts, no windshield, etc.

2006.jpg

Following my wife's advice... and everyone here.... I didn't wanna... but I had too.... ok I really did wanna! (and it's only money)

2007.jpg

My new 2007 :yahoo:

(I'm keeping this one on the road)

Thanks for sharing the experience, its good to read you are back on your toes and the pegs. And I don’t care what anybody says I like the red one.

Brian - fng

I'm truly glad you're okay! I've been down once myself... no dang fun for sure.

Bike can be replaced.

God was smiling.. take care.

Lennie

I know God was watching over you. Good to hear your ok to live another day. There is a reason. And congrats on the new ride. :D PM. <><

What do you plan to do with the old one?

You have a lot of stuff left over that could be parted out.

Or you could keep it and make it an ebay project. Over time you'd be amazed how cheap you can find the parts through ebay, and the forums. Just might take a while to rebuild it, but would be a fun project.

Oh, and please get your wife to talk to my fiance, I'll pay!!!!!!!

Ever notice Fiance and Finance are really really close. One always seems to control the other... ;)

Congrats on the new bike. It sounds like our wives are quite similar. She bought me an 07 for fathers day, completely off guard.

Thanks all - I love the new FJR except for the alltitude surge. I should have read more on the forums before I got the 07. (Live and Learn).

Thanks for sharing your story and glad to hear all OK. Buy your wife some flowers and tell her you love her!!!!

And they call me "Lucky"