D & D Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put on the MotorcycleLarry 6 degree units this week. Exceptional quality. (amazing what CNC can do) I found the height and 6 degree sweep to be exactly what I was hoping for. I was sliughtly concerned the sweep would negate the riser effect - moving the hands away - but it seems just right - need to get some miles in....

Guys I was not trying to offend anyone with the statement its just i have seen lots of posts from these two guys and their posts were right before my reply. I made a comment to try and be nice . Sorry it seems to have failed.

As far as getting me to even post something it was sparky3008's post that made me want to try this , so thank you for that and the address.

So guys have a good day and enjoy the ride.

Guys I was not trying to offend anyone with the statement its just i have seen lots of posts from these two guys and their posts were right before my reply. I made a comment to try and be nice . Sorry it seems to have failed.

As far as getting me to even post something it was sparky3008's post that made me want to try this , so thank you for that and the address.

So guys have a good day and enjoy the ride.

No offense to anyone I was just messing with Radman... I know he had read one of my posts on going 100mph and I just figured his speedy comment was based on history. Everything is golden...

GEne

@ Brazos...

I too am 6'3" with 34 inseam. I tried a few different types of risers and finally settled with the lenkadapters. Lenkadapters raise the bars 1 inch and allow you to move the bars "in" or "out" providing excellent adjustability.

Since I am 6'3", I have plenty of reach and did not need any set back that the D&D provide, I just wanted a more upright position to alleviate the pressure on my wrists. I found the lenkadapters are best since they provide the 1 inch rise and allow me to move the bars out to a wider, flatter position.

Very nice!

installed the d&ds today the hight is very nice and the turning radius at very slow speed is improved . i really thought the d&ds would correct my right hand problem but it just not happening .

installed the d&ds today the hight is very nice and the turning radius at very slow speed is improved . i really thought the d&ds would correct my right hand problem but it just not happening .
MCL 6 degree risers will. ;)

I had the GenMar and the D&D's are on now. If your suffering from numb vibrated hands I don't think risers are going to help IMHO. Yesterday I had a 100 mile trip coming up and that morning on the way into work my right hand (first time with D&D's) was just as numb as always. I have the PCIII and smoothness map also. So after work I had to do 100 miles and I knew my hand was going to drive me crazy so I pull off at home, raised the tank, took a screw driver and let that middle return spring spin spin spin. Let me just say that the difference is amazing. Not gone 100% but doing excess of the speed limit (won't say how much) tends to make you grab the throttle a little tighter than necessary. Definitely the best thing beside my seat I have done so far. Now I think bar ends and Tek Grips will actually be able to take up the difference.

2 thumbs up :D

so 2 wheelnut you have the numbing problem also . did you try the d&ds? and where can i purchase a set of the mcls? also the kind gentleman at d&D sent me the product without paying for it .was to mail a check after testing the product . he reply was install the risers test them out if you dont like them send them back .hey is that a gentlemen or what .

Last edited by a moderator:
Spark, I yanked the spring way early in Franks life, can't understand why more folks don't, and why it's suggested by some that it's a bad thing. Have never had any issues arise because of it in 9400 miles. As far as vibration, I believe risers actually make it worse-you are increasing the length of the bars in the process, and that never improves a tendency to vibrate. I have the D&D's, wouldn't be without them, it's a compromise between increased vibration and getting the bar ends where my short arms can reach them. Attention to tuning is the best anti-vibration fix I've found.

I've tried three sets of risers, including the D & D s. I have settled on Larry's 6% risers because they most effectively addressed a problem I was having with wrist pain. The slight splaying forward that the 6% risers provided was just what I needed. I have absolutely NO wrist pain now. The 6% seems like a small adjustment, but it is apparently exactly what was required to deal with my particular issue. I highly recommend this product to those of you who find your present risers innefective in mitigating wrist discomfort.

Let me just say the numbing problem from holding onto the throttle to tight will not be solved by risers. Disconnecting the return spring helps tremendously. The throttle bodies all seem to have their own springs so it still returns but isn't near as hard.

Wrist pain from how you rest on the bars is completely separate and the 6 degrees may help that I can not speak for as I don't have those but one won't solve the other IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
MCL 6 degree risers will. ;)
TWN: What's your height/inseam?