Dealer wouldn't discuss '07.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryS

Reaction score
Ok... so a lot of you guys are saying that you can pick up an 07 for somewhere around $12,300 before T&L. I brought that price up with my local dealer and he won't even talk to me. It's full retail or nothing!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... so a lot of you guys are saying that you can pick up an 07 for somewhere around $12,300 before T&L. I brought that price up with my local dealer and he won't even talk to me. It's full retail or nothing!!
Go somewhere else.

Simple, no?

Nothing more satisfying than going to Dealer B that will deal, buy the bike, and then ride it to Dealer A and tell them what price you got it at. Even better if you tell them how many friends you recommended to Dealer B. Gotta love the free market system for bikes.

You must live in the San Francisco Bay area. Dealers here all blow chunks.

You're in Washington and not buying from D.V.P.? IMHO, whatever they'll do is worth it for the future good treatment and service you will receive. It shows to be only 200 miles from your town. No problemo!

You're in Washington and not buying from D.V.P.? IMHO, whatever they'll do is worth it for the future good treatment and service you will receive.
yeah that sounds like an awesome dealership! But then everytime I need some service, we're talking 3-4 hour drive. I'm here in Centralia, but our shop here acts like they would rather sit around and talk about bikes than sell one.

You're in Washington and not buying from D.V.P.? IMHO, whatever they'll do is worth it for the future good treatment and service you will receive.
yeah that sounds like an awesome dealership! But then everytime I need some service, we're talking 3-4 hour drive. I'm here in Centralia, but our shop here acts like they would rather sit around and talk about bikes than sell one.
I bought my 06 at a dealer 2.5 hours away when I have one right in my backyard. You can do the regular maintenance yourself and take it only for the major checkups.

So, you buy it from the dealer of your choice, and you get it serviced at the dealer of your choice. They don't have to be the same place. Besides. if you hang around here you're bound to start providing your own service at home. Zero miles for that.

So, you buy it from the dealer of your choice, and you get it serviced at the dealer of your choice. They don't have to be the same place. Besides. if you hang around here you're bound to start providing your own service at home. Zero miles for that.

I hear ya... good point. Not trying to be a cheap bastard, but I don't think I should be paying $13,799 + set up + tax/license!!

Yup, D.V.P. it is. I drive almost 300 miles to do business with them. Like has been said here, I do my own standard maintenance, and on my 04 when it got "the tick" I rode it to them, they gave me a loaner, and a week later went back and picked my bike up. They are your total customer oriented dealership. And, last summer when I ran into the sales manager from the local "no-deal" dealership, I had great satisfaction in telling him how my '06 was my third FJR....all sales THEY didn't get.

The Seattle and Portland bike markets are very firm. Always been that way. You can usually negotiate away the F&S and sometimes a bit more, but these guys have no interest whatsoever in matching Sunnyside or DH prices. If you come in expecting a price match with these guys, they won't even talk to you because they know they can't compete.

If you get a couple local dealers competing, my bet is that you might do $500 or so off with no F&S. This might make it worth it to avoid going over the hill.

In their (feeble) defense, they do have higher OH and costs, so expecting a W. Wash dealer to give the same price as a E. Wash dealer probably isn't reasonable. I think you have to take everything into account including your desired relationship with the dealer in deciding where to buy - cost is important, but not all-important.

- Mark

I drove 40 miles to a dealer on the other side of town to buy my FJR because the dealer 4 miles from my house said to me "we pretty much get MSRP on those units - you want one at that price?"

Nope.

That's right. Centralia. There are some bikes on the showroom floor at the brand new Desert Valley Powersports in Prosser. That's 200 miles from you. Dealin' Dan Denchell might be worth a shout! He's been a HUGE supporter of the FJR community and rides an '03 himself. Warchild, myself, and others can testify to this.

That's right. Centralia. There are some bikes on the showroom floor at the brand new Desert Valley Powersports in Prosser. That's 200 miles from you. Dealin' Dan Denchell might be worth a shout! He's been a HUGE supporter of the FJR community and rides an '03 himself. Warchild, myself, and others can testify to this.
The word that I got from 2 dealers, Renton Motorsports & DVP, is: If you walk in with cash, they can do something. I'm not sure if financing through them gets you the same deal (they do receive monies back from the finance companies). If you have a trade-in, you can pretty much expect to pay $13799.00 plus tax & lincense.

Renton Motorsports does not charge a freight or assembly fee. I talked to the internet sales guys.

My 2 cents.

By the way, doing business in western Washington, especially in the Seattle metro area, is very expensive. Just opening a new business takes a ton of capital.

Hell. I saved $1500.00 over MSRP by going to Alabama from Dallas, TX. It was worth it and I get major services from the place that wouldn't talk to me about pricing on the original sale. They screwed the pooch and the salesman knows that everyone else knows it.

D&H was worth the day trip out and another one back.

Give Pat a call at D.V.P. , I did. Put $500 on an 07 and saved a lot over what the dealers wanted in my area. Pat is great to work with. Looking forward to picking my bike up when the weather gets a little better so I can ride it home.

I understand were your coming from my local dealer said MSRP but may get a discount cant talk price till they come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.