Deer Damage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same on my R1 3 weeks ago. 2pm. Bright sunny day.

Didn't go down. He smacked my hand pretty good and it still hurts. Xrays were negative.

Bike was totalled as it was a 2002. Nice thing was I paid $3k for it last year. Comprehensive coverage paid me $5k because all of the accessories the PO had installed on it.

Things went better this time. I hit one last year on my Triumph Daytona 675R and I tumbled down the highway after his head plowed into and breaking 4 ribs and my clavicle. Missed 3 months of work.

Damn forest rats...

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you can tell us the story.

<y family is doing its part this year to make the roads a little safer here in Montana. I am pretty sure we've got 4 Elk, and 7 deer to eat so far this season. (I got 11 nephews, and my and 15 year old son,+4 Brother in laws).

I also have a herd of about 19 Deer that walk through my subdivision twice a day, and all through the night. But it's not legal to kill the vermin within city limits. These fuckers cause every dog in the neighborhood to wake us all night.

...I also have a herd of about 19 Deer that walk through my subdivision twice a day, and all through the night. But it's not legal to kill the vermin within city limits. These fuckers cause every dog in the neighborhood to wake us all night.
Are you allowed to kill the dogs?

Sorry to hear about your accident (Assuming it to be so. No telling just what the the deer's true intentions were). Glad you are able to write to us about it.

You also titled this post "deer damage", but I notice that you made no mention of the animal's actual injuries. I can only imagine that this is due to your unstated grief over this aspect of your encounter. Although you didn't mention where the incident occurred, a quick web search shows that Valley Central Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center offers specialty services by appointment and 24/7/365 emergency care. **

** Levity - Angst alleviation for all the wrong occasions.

This seem's relevant:

facebook_1479486679186.jpg