New FJR rider as of today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2010 just like yours. I made the jumper as suggested by 2 wheel obsession and used it to trigger the ABS pump. Same procedure as in the video. Worked great.
Thanks!

Are the plugs for the ABS in the same location on the 2013 and later models? Just under the dash cluster on the right hand side?

OK, i got the ABS jumpered and ran the ABS flush test cycle. The plug is in the same place over the battery, but the panel is easier to get off the bike, but the plug itself it harder to reach. I will reflush the brakes in about 2 weeks when i get back from another trip. @ERS how does the bike look with the FZ1 mirrors? Are they just bolt on upgrades or do you have to get crafty to get them mounted?

Brakes are working perfectly now. The clutch has a weird kinda dragging sounds when you pump the clutch handle 4/5 times when you first start the bike then it goes away. May have been doing originally but this was the first time on it with no helmet so I could hear it better. I saw it was advised to pump the clutch handle a couple times to ensure a bit smoother shift into first gear. I assume that this is normal? Also is doing the slipper clutch upgrade a worthwhile project? I am decent enough with wrenches and following instructions, but never been inside a motor or clutch.

Last edited:
Also is doing the slipper clutch upgrade and worthwhile project?
I gave it some consideration at one point but ultimately decided not to bother. Biggest advantage (for me) would have been the lighter pull. I have some arthritis in my hands and a lot of time in stop-and-go traffic sometimes makes me wish for less clutch effort.

Hello,

Just picked up my first Yamaha, it's a 2010 FJR 1300, Liquid Silver I believe is the color. 9991 miles on the odo, added my first 300 miles riding it home.

I joined to forum as the bike was priced right but needs a little love to get it back to 100%

Previous owner dropped the bike on the clutch (left?) side so I have a couple repairs to do.

Broken left luggage, scuffed up mirror mount and cracked left front fairing. I came here to tap into the knowledge base here to get it all fixed up.

View attachment 5219

View attachment 5220
beautiful bike, take of her and she will take care of you. love the color enjoy from tucson az.