Long time rider in Tennessee

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sworch

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This is my second FJR. Had a first gen (silver calipers) for a few years. I found this Gen 3 2013 with just 6800 miles on it and needed to get back on a bike.
Had a bad wreck on my Warrior on the Cherohola in '09 and after a a year of trying I just didnt have the strength in my left shoulder to ride so all the bikes found new homes. A pair of Warriors, FZ1 and the FJR. Hated letting them go but figured I wouldnt ride again. I have really missed it and my only hobby since we moved to this house has been dig holes for the wifes hobby of rose gardening.
So started looking about three weeks ago. Test drove some bikes, A KTM 790r, Indian VTR 1200, Moto Guzzi V85 and a older Concours. Almost bought the Guzzi. But my heart said it wasnt a fit. Found a few fjr around with 30k miles from $8k to 10 range but this one popped up late at night for $6500. Had to have it. Went the next morning and it is pristine. Not a scratch or chip to be found. I have not went on a joy ride yet just back and forth to work but if the storms will hold off this weekend I will find a few hours to ride.
It needs some new shoes since it still has the factory one on it and of course...seat will be in the future.
Thanks for the add and will look through some threads for suggestions but I think the Pilot Road 6 will do.
Seat..no clue. Dont want to drop $1k+ but I do plan a ride in the fall to central Arkansas so I may have to invest that much.
Thanks for the add and have a great 4th weekend everyone

Welcome from Cumming, GA. You definitely got an amazing deal. I have a 2013 as well. Totally love it! My buddies and I frequently ride the Cherohala so maybe we can meet up there at some point. Feel free to DM me when next you are heading out that way.