Denver Area map

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please move this if it is in the incorrect place.

Since NAFO is set for Denver area I decided to look for a few rides in the area. I found the following little 4x4 inch (folded) map for $5.95:

Link

I have Amazon prime so I don't pay shipping.

The map has 5 routes mapped out with details and points of interest. I don't think it is a bad purchase for $6 before heading to NAFO

John T.

I am just gonna commute every day from my house. Its only bout.... 450 miles or so from my house.. No problemo homey

Since NAFO is set for Denver area I decided to look for a few rides in the area. I found the following little 4x4 inch (folded) map for $5.95:Link
You need to remember that it was said that Denver is a possible venue....as Colarado is possible or ....maybe....probable. Nothing is set!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there as possible venue on the west side of the State, or in a resort town that is starving for summer business when the ski lifts are closed? Might have closer access to great rides and less city traffic, etc. to contend with.

Is there as possible venue on the west side of the State, or in a resort town that is starving for summer business when the ski lifts are closed? Might have closer access to great rides and less city traffic, etc. to contend with.
Sounds like you're talking about Steamboat -- one of my favorite places. :D :D

Yeah but how 'bouts room for 5-700 FJRs :unsure:

I agree that West or somewhere "in" the mountains might be nice. I'm not too keen on leaving my home in the middle of the mountains only to ride into a large, flat, hot city for a motorcycle gathering. Just doesn't seem right. Nothing against Denver, of course. As far as cities go, it's a nice one :)

What about Telluride? Steamboat? Aspen/Snowmass? Crested Butte? What about Gateway Canyons (https://www.gatewaycanyons.com/)? Desert to the west, mountains to the East. Maybe it’s too small but maybe not.

Wait! I got it. How about doing it Rainbow-Gathering style? We just pick a lush, pristine, alpine meadow somewhere, fill it with teepees and hammocks (and 500 feejers), trample all the vegetation, burn all the wood, spoil the local water source with our shit and piss, and we'll live for a week on "special" brownies and mushroom tea. Bring your conga drums and we'll jam, man.

Or a hotel would be nice...

Colorado Springs is not a good place to center the Rally. The 'good' roads are much closer to Denver. I think alot of the traffic could be avoided by making the HQ in the western 'burbs, say Littleton or the Westminster/Boulder area. From there, it's literally a 10 minute ride to hit C-470, which intersects with US 285 and I-70. those 3 roads will get you to almost every bendy bit of asphalt on the eastern half of the state. Plus there's good bike shop support.

I don't know how many towns here in CO can offer the balance of quaint non-city-ness but still have enough hotels. Breckenridge could be a candidate. it's a nice place, but probably pretty pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:
... The 'good' roads are much closer to Denver. I think alot of the traffic could be avoided by making the HQ in the western 'burbs, say Littleton or the Westminster/Boulder area. From there, it's literally a 10 minute ride to hit C-470, which intersects with US 285 and I-70. those 3 roads will get you to almost every bendy bit of asphalt on the eastern half of the state. Plus there's good bike shop support. <snip> Breckenridge could be a candidate. it's a nice place, but probably pretty pricey.
I agree with Western Denver...if there is hotel that big. I would hate to have to slog thru Denver traffic each day to get to the twisties...

RE:Breckenridge...too small and touristy...think clogged up little town. Too clogged up for a National meet.

Actually, we are just wastin' breath here. TWN will announce the venue when the comitas has decided.

We spent a night in Steamboat on route to WooFoo. Definitely not "starving for summer business" that night! I suspect our particular need for boocoo rooms and banquet facilities is going to drive us to locate somewhere near the GDO...

Loveland, Greeley, Fort Collins, Durango. Frisco/Dillon/Silverthorne are nice (might have a lot of tourists tho?)

LOTS of possibilities in CO.

We stayed in Frisco/Dillon/Silverthorne area on our way to the WFO. We stayed in Silverthorne an had no problem finding a room. It was a very nice area and had some good restraunts. I don't know if they have a facilities big enough for this group though?

Isn't colorado giving free t-shirts away? That would make it worth while....plus, you could spray paint "nafo" on the back side. A twoferone deal, if you will.