Devil's Highway with SkooterG and Test Rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badcat

Reaction score
I met up with Jack (Test Rider) at the approved meeting spot at the agreed upon time of 7am. Two of the three of us had the courtesy to be on time. Skooter drug his ass in at 7:30. After some small talk we headed out for eastern Arizona and Route 191.

First was a breakfast stop in Safford. Now, if you saw these two inside would you go in??

win.jpg

Did I mention the weather was excellent. In the mid 60' and sunny. Unlike, say snowy, cold Gunnison, CO.

We proceeded on to Morenci and the start of 90+ miles of some great twists and turns.

skooterg.jpg

jack.jpg

Unlike the crappy, snowy conditons of Gunnison, CO the conditions were ideal for some

great riding.

view.jpg

I have to say this was one of the best days I have had in my short riding career. Thanks to Greg

and Jack.

One last shot of BadCat's FJR.

bcbike.jpg

Sorry for the jabs Dave...Couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burk,

Nice! Wish I was there! Great road 191 (seems more apt named 666) Thanks for the great write up and pics.

Gregory

Very nice, Badcat! I know you had a great time riding with Jack, sorry about other mook you had to endure. Great pictures!!

Nice pics and report Burk. I have not had the chance to ride 191 as of yet. I'm probably the only Arizona resident that rides a motorcycle not to have ridden 191. I'll have to remedy that situation.

Nice report...I've only got one question.

You say there was "small talk". There is no such thing as small talk with the Skootermeister, how'd you get 'im to quit so you could start riding?

I will store this knowledge in my tankbag for future reference...

:D

Sorry for the jabs Dave...Couldn't resist.
Don't worry about it, cat boy. I'll make sure to repay the favor next July when Gunnison is 75 and Phoenix is 475. B)

And thanks again to both you and skoot for nearly getting me fired... :lol:

Finally getting around to posting some piccies!

First of all, I WASN'T LATE!!! You two were early. :p

It was a great day Badcat! Great ride. Great time. Only bad thing about the day is that we didn't get pinhead fired!

A beautiful day in Arizona, even at 9,000' altitude! (Sorry pinhead)

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

2004, 2005, 2006 FJRs all lined up nice and pretty like.

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

My first time using the 'mulit-shot' mode:

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

Getting cool in the north country.

IMG_1597.jpg

Awesome ride! Especially since El Pendejo Grande beemerdons wasn't there snivelling all day long! :fuck:

Very nice pictures, Skooty! Even if I had gone with you three, and you know I would have been there if I did not have a long scheduled meeting, I would not have had a chance to snivel until we reached Alpine. Folks, my young friend definitely has Devil's Highway 666 wired. Once we are North of Morenci, I don't see him again until he is waiting for me up the road!

Devil's Highway is absolutely Arizona's "Hidden Motorcycle Treasure" and if you haven't ridden 666, you need to do it ASAP!!

What do you think of those twisty tight curves there pinhead-not a speck of that white shit to be seen anywhere; eh CO BOY!

Nice Pics Skooter. Man I miss Arizona!

I really need to ride that road. I grew up in (and my parents still live in Prescott), that's one of the few in AZ I haven't hit. The pics remind me of hwy 89 from Wilhoit to Prescott commonly known as 'The Spars'. Sadly, that one is well known and usually patrolled.

You guys seem to setup and organize a Devils Highway (191) ride a couple times a year. Next time, hopefully in the Spring, I definitely have to be involved. Although while Skooter is waiting on you Don, you'll be waiting on me (oh, I forgot, no you won't, you'll leave me in some barren location). :ermm:

You guys seem to setup and organize a Devils Highway (191) ride a couple times a year. Next time, hopefully in the Spring, I definitely have to be involved. Although while Skooter is waiting on you Don, you'll be waiting on me (oh, I forgot, no you won't, you'll leave me in some barren location). :ermm:

Don't worry Dan, I will be at the back of the pack with you and Don whilst the track day vets burn up the Devil's Highway.

Very fine pictures Greg. I like the rapid fire shots. Jack did some nice riding.