Doggie Down .. Cdog sez.. I fell of the bike!! ARF!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good deal.. I saw it earlier today.. Wish I had the bucks.. Tied up in a crashed bike right now.. This too will pass and I am alive to bitch about it ;-)

Sorry about the mishap cdogman. This might be a possible solution.
https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&a...t=144&lpid=
it is a theft recovery so it will have a salvaged title.
Huh,,

I assume you asked them that.. Shame.. i dont really know what that does to it but I am sure I can do without the headaches
The end of your sentence shows that you figured out what that does. Heed your own advice.

Just read your first post, glad you're both OK. Sounds like a similar situation I had last year, just started to sprinkle on a well worn (shiny spots) tar and chip road. I was 2 miles from home going slow (20 mph) because I knew it hadn't rained in a week, and was wet enough to be greasy in the corners. I came to a stop sign, left slowly up a small grade for 100 feet or so, and at the top, rear wheel spins on some kind of grease. Zig zagged a couple of times and I couldn't hold it. It threw me (gently) high side, and both bike and I slid for 100 feet on damp pavement slightly downhill. Cosmetic damage to one side of the Goldwing, but expensive. No traffic on a narrow road, and missed a strip of guard rail cables. The guy who stopped to help me pick up the bike said they were doing a big driveway paving job down the road, and on the top of the hill was where all the trucks were turning around in a driveway. Sure enough, when I checked, it was greasy up there. My jacket had a couple of small holes where I did a skydive belly slide, all other gear was OK, minor scuffs, no real damage. I did manage to sprain my rotator cuff, which took months to heal.

Long story, but, I know about unexpected grease. Yours was waaaaaaay worse than mine, but I'm feeling your pain. I hope you can recover all your losses on this one.

Gonna be some time till I get another bike.. Bean jar needs to recoup. I had to buy an old vehicle to drive. This was my commuter bike.. I did not have a car

I will get there.. No worries

The most important thing is you both are OK. That's why I never ride in the first half hour of downpour. The road is slickiest at that time.
This is a perfect example of the dangers of riding when it first starts raining - straight out of David Hough's Proficient Motorcycling. But how many people really stop for a half hour when it starts raining? I doubt many do, and most get lucky.

The most important thing is you both are OK. That's why I never ride in the first half hour of downpour. The road is slickiest at that time.
This is a perfect example of the dangers of riding when it first starts raining - straight out of David Hough's Proficient Motorcycling. But how many people really stop for a half hour when it starts raining? I doubt many do, and most get lucky.
True statement! But cdog states that it had been raining quite hard for quite a while before he and his wife went up the canyon to enjoy a ride. They were aware of the usual danger of early rains bringing the oil to the surface of the road.

Sadly, that wasn't the case here and they are damn lucky (and well prepared by choice of gear) to have gotten-off in that manner with relatively minor injuries.

The part that scares me is that, even with preparation beforehand and awareness of the road, there was still lurking a patch of splooge that took away all traction... could happen to any of us at any time. That is the sobering thought!

Glad the major damage was limited to the bike. Bikes can (and I'm sure will) be replaced.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it I quit! I mean if you can roll into an easy corner like that and end up body surfing down the highway by no fault of your own, cheez! ... Just kidding.

Seriously, glad you both are OK.