Door prizes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grnarrowe

Reaction score
As of today we have no door prizes for CFO. Can we get some volunteers to get stuff for CFO 2006? I know it's 5 months away but if we get started now we should have a good number of goodies by September.

We already have some people ready to scout out rides, WheatonFJR and others have said they would do this for all of us.

So I need you guys to step up and help out so we can make CFO 2006 a great time.

Thanks in advance for your help. Now get out there and BEG!!

Grnarrowe

:D

...We already have some people ready to scout out rides, WheatonFJR and others have said they would do this for all of us...
I am heading out for the first scouting trip in the next couple of weeks. Looking at the roads northwest and south of Sparta.

Looking forward to these trips and CFO, Pete. :agent: B) :p

I'll check with Full Power Cycle in Hopkins, they might donate up something to help get the word out some more on the new shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa ho ho, you have a real future in comedy, you know that? Really! If we have a floor show, your spot is reserved! :D

If you are going to try to get door prizes please do not contact the following companies.

Aerostich

Avon

Pirelli

Battery Tender

Mustang Seats

Geza Gear (covers)

Spiegler

Sargent Cycle Products

FJR Goodies

I have contacted them and I am waiting on replys. If you do contact someone for help on door prizes please post up here so we do not duplicate our efforts. Or if you wish let me know who else you think would be a good source for free stuff.

Thanks

Grnarrowe

Has anyone hit up Gary at University motors yet? If not I will give him a call or stop in and see what he has for us.

Please reply to me if you have asked Gary.

Dana

I talked with Ed at Full Power Cycle, am waiting to hear back from him, as apparently decisions of this sort are by consensus.

Just received our door prizes from Gary at University Motors and he be the man.......

Looks like a FJR cover and a set of bag liners. Someone is getting some good shit at the CFO....

If you talk to him let him know we all appreciate it a lot.

Dana

Well, no response from Full Power Cycle. Would think a week and a half would be plenty of time to give a go/no go decision. Guess I'm looking for a new tire supplier. ;) I have to admit it didn't look good from the start, being as the initial response was "well, we get hit with this all the time".

Both the local Yamaha dealers(including the one I bought the FJR from) are being cheap A##es, no joy here.

My local dealer in Alex has said he would be happy to donate something. He threw around a few ideas and I told him anything would be appreciated. So he said no problem and when I get ready to go to CFO he said stop by and he would have something. So I'll have one or two items to bring along with the shirts I'll be bring for everybody that orders one.

devanator/Mike

My local dealer in town here where I bought my FJR gave me a helmet to give away as a door prize. Thought that it was a fairly nice prize. The only issue (i didn't brign it up to him) is it's a Medium. So unless you have a small head it will probably be for the misses. But hey, it is a nice helmet. I'll be bringing it their.

Well one of the cheap a$$ dealers came though with a couple of t-shirts, guess I'm not much of a begger <_< I'll Mail them to the desk at the hotel for pick up.

Here is a list of door prizes and where they came from for CFO.

1 Gas tank Insulator kit - Smitty141

2 OEM Air Filters - Trinibob

FJR Cover

Bag Liners - opt8louv/University Motors

1 Helmet medium

CFO shirt - Devanator

2 T-shirts - Airboss/Local Dealer

1 AMA Ride guide to America - Grnarrowe

1 Westco Battery W12v148-4 fits 03-05 FJR - Blindman (Blindman will ship to the winner)

Thanks to all who went and begged for stuff or donated items. If you have anything else please let me know or post up here. Also, I was thinking on how to give the prizes away. I believe we'll give everyone at CFO 2 tickets and pull the tickets out of a Helmet, we'll start with the least expensive item and work our way up. Sound fair to all?

Grnarrowe