• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Drivers Log

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Stump

Reaction score
For some unknown reason, I have been getting a lot of interest in DL lately from this forum + GL1800.org asking if I would still sell copies.

If you are interested, please contact me privately. If you want to wait, that's fine. If you don't need / want it, that is fine too!

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane,

what's the latest version? I bought a copy more than a year agao and it is a great program. Just checking to see if I am running the latest version?

Thanks, Rick

Shane, what's the latest version? I bought a copy more than a year agao and it is a great program. Just checking to see if I am running the latest version?

Thanks, Rick
Rick,

Latest version is 3.19 Beta #2. I am working on some enhanced fuel reports + Trip Expenses updates as I have time.

If you need a link, please let me know and I'll email it to you.

Appreciate the support.

Shane

Latest version is 3.19 Beta #2. I am working on some enhanced fuel reports + Trip Expenses updates as I have time.

Appreciate the support.

Shane
Shane, I finally checked my version, I have 3.18. Email me the link when you get time. Also, any way to get the "check for updates" message to stop coming up now that the update page is not active? Thanks, Rick

Appreciate the support.

Shane
Shane, I finally checked my version, I have 3.18. Email me the link when you get time. Also, any way to get the "check for updates" message to stop coming up now that the update page is not active? Thanks, Rick
Rick,

Options / Startup / Check For updates - make sure it is unchecked.

I am in the process of hoping to work out a deal where DL will be used for a charity!

Best Regards,

Shane

I am making Drivers Log available to people who contribute $25 or more to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

If you make a donation of $25 or more, I will be notified and I will send you a key file and information to the latest version.

https://www.firstgiving.com/DriversLog

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane,

I paid full price for the copy that I have. I bought it from you over a year ago when you posted info on the GL1800 Riders board. I don't know how I can prove that to you. Great program and I use it a lot, but I don't think I am willing to pay for it twice to get the latest update. I guess I'll use it as it is. :angry2:

Rick

Shane,I paid full price for the copy that I have. I bought it from you over a year ago when you posted info on the GL1800 Riders board. I don't know how I can prove that to you. Great program and I use it a lot, but I don't think I am willing to pay for it twice to get the latest update. I guess I'll use it as it is. :angry2:

Rick
Rick,

The donation message wasn't aimed at you - I didn't want to start ANOTHER DL thread - there are probably already too many for this forum :D !

Please email me directly at ShaneStumpATStumpWare.com (replace AT with @). I emailed you the email I sent out to all DL users yesterday but I guess you didn't get it. I'll update my addressbook after I get it and send it out AGAIN!

Best regards,

Shane

Drivers Log is a software program that allows you to keep complete logs of almost every aspect of your bike. Logs included are:

1) Accessories

2) Fuel

3) Payments / Fees / etc

4) Tires

5) Trip Expenses (very useful if you use a vehicle for personal / business)

6) Maintenance

7) Inventory

Each view has several reports and advanced features like multiple image support (to scan in receipts, etc).

I developed the program for about two years but could never really develop a large enough market to warrant its continue development. DL is in use by about 1,200 users.

I will be putting a trial copy up again sometime later in the summer when I get a chance to redevelop the StumpWare.com website to indicate ALL proceeds of the program go to charity.

Best Regards,

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like pretty cool software Shane. Seems like you may be getting some renewed interest also! Good luck.
Dan
Not sure on the interest because my interest is actually waining in the program - I had hoped to try and get into the motorcycle business (doing what I know which is software) but I never could figure out how to get around the consumer mentality.

The good news though is any one who contributes for the program now will be helping the kids.

Best Regards,

Shane

Thanks alot Shane. I'll definitely check it out. Nice move on the charitable contributions. We can never do enough for those in need. Nice to find a charity that you can focus on and try to make a difference. Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dana,

Thanks for giving to the kids - I really appreciate it.

I honestly wish I had made Drivers Log CharityWare from the beginning as it really does make ALL feel better.

If you have any questions / suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

As soon as I get back from a two week ride with Cassie (daughter), I am going to put up a simple page for others to download / reevaluate DL. The new version will include a few new things I have added for individuals and the BEG screen will be replaced with information about the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

If *ANY* of you have another worth while charity you would like to see DL proceeds go to, please let me know. All I ask is an easy way to direct people to their site and be able to give with the $$ NEVER touching my hand so the individual giving gets full credit.

Again, thank you for giving to help others.

Best Regards,

Shane

First, I want to thank those who have donated - $150 so far!!

Many potential new users have asked for me to make available a test drive version of Drivers Log. I was hoping to wait until I got back from a TWO week ride with my daughter Cassie coming up, but I'll make the latest beta version available for users to look at with the following caveats:

1) Please ignore the initial BEG screen about registering the software to StumpWare.com (it will be changed coming up). All proceeds of the software are going DIRECTLY to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation to help the CHILDREN :D !

2) If you decide to donate to the PBTF, please use the link below. I'll send you a Drivers Log registration key for your donation.

I will be making newer versions available of DL sometime in late July / August to all as I have time to finish up a few user requests.

Latest DL Version:

https://www.stumpware.com/DriversLogSetup_Beta_319_2_Full.exe

Donate Funds to PBTF:

https://www.firstgiving.com/DriversLog

Best Regards,

Shane