Duke has passed RIP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. I loved getting updates to that little dude's pictures and videos. RIP.

Never easy to lose the one we willingly entrust with all of our secrets, fears, and vulnrabilities. RIP

Marcus, It was too sad to hear that the Duke will no longer ride with his FJR friends. But he did see more of the world than most people and he was the greatest "chick" magnet ever. He leaves us with great memories, and great videos as well. I know you're hurting and you have all our sympathy. RIP Duke and ride the skies with joy.

Singer song writer Jim Stafford, had the lyrics in a song, "why is it a dog doesn't get to live too long but still has to die old", is always with me. Sorry to hear about Duke's passing. Hopefully we will meet up with every dog we ever had some day. Take care, PM.

I still have the picture of Duke on my fridge that you sent me for naming the waterfall! I know it is a tough time, but you have so many memories with that little guy that will make him live on. Sorry I never got to meet him in person (or should it be "in dog"?). Give yourself suffiecient time to honor his memory and then go get a new companion. In my next life I want to come back as your dog. What a life!

R.I.P. Duke

I still have the picture of Duke on my fridge that you sent me for naming the waterfall!
Wow I forgot about that! How cool! And yhea Jim he was quite a chick magnet!

8311974178_86a46d2d7f_z.jpg

I'm glad I got the chance to meet Duke, if but only the once. He always seemed to put a smile on the face of the people he encountered.

And of course he was the consummate chick-magnet! :)

I am so sorry to hear the news of Duke's passing. It's not easy to lose your best friend. I am so sorry.

heres one for the tribute,duke riding looking back on me,its early in the vid,it says duke before crash,thats cus marcus dumped the bike at slow speed and crapped his pants thinking about the little dude in the side case.lol

rip duke !

Last edited by a moderator:
marcus dumped the bike at slow speed and crapped his pants thinking about the little dude in the side case.lol

I'll never forget as I jumped off the bike after go'n off the road & onto his side, crouched down think'n he might have been smashed up, he was unmarked not a scratch & just lookin at me like what the fuck did you do that for!

Pic at the redwoods N Ca

8318636007_85934186f5_z.jpg

Damn sad to hear this Marcus, My thoughts and prayers for you and the Duke.

He will be a part of our group for many years to come.

Gregory

Singer song writer Jim Stafford, had the lyrics in a song, "why is it a dog doesn't get to live too long but still has to die old", is always with me. Sorry to hear about Duke's passing. Hopefully we will meet up with every dog we ever had some day. Take care, PM.
Well said..