East Texas in December

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weather is really pissing me off!! My week set up perfectly to be gone Friday and Monday. Lesson plans and other stuff just lined up!! Part of me wants to just ride south and chase the good weather. I don't need a permanent base camp, I just need the road and my ride. I took the bike out today to scrub off the new tires.

That was either my best or my worst move. It whetted my appetite and reminded me what I long for. I put the big windshield on after the ride in the hope and possible stubbornness of saying "F IT" and finding a way to make it happen. We have the best point and shoot cycle known to man. Do not be surprised if I find some sunny and warm within 500 miles. It's just too bad that 500 miles cannot be in the Memphis or Oxford area

I will reserve those 2 days off for another time, but we are only 6 hours away from a campground, some good roads, and great times. To paraphrase Pants, "I will stay thirsty"

A National Forest is calling my name!

Cav, if you go out, be careful. I am going to ride the twisties of Indiana with Allen and Jay tomorrow. Not gonna be able to go to Texas, insert sad face. If you find good roads, have fun and keep the shinny side up!

I am going to ride the twisties of Indiana
Both of them? How many times?
biggrin.png

Well I guess I will officially stick a fork in it.

Cav - misery loves company. I'm glad you didn't have to burn your time off on a cancelled trip.

Jason - earn your brownie points with Mama.

We will try this again another time.

Well it's supposed to be almost 80 degrees on Friday with the day off work, can't let a perfect December day go to waste, so not sure yet but I'll find somewhere to ride and somewhere to eat.

As I threatened, I did find somewhere to ride, and somewhere to eat. Probably a good thing y'all up north did not come down, you would have melted, as the sign at the Hard 8 says. The dash showed it was 86, the phone said 85, but I always trust the bike. Had to de-layer and my hands started to sweat behind the newly installed $14 handguards from Ebay China, had to use both the sunglasses AND the tinted drop shield on the helmet cause the sun was so bright, miserably beautiful day for a ride. But, true to the weather forecast, supposed to rain like crazy later today. Looking forward to meeting y'all at the next one.

3wqgMsv.jpg

I'm planning to do a one night camping ride TOMMORROW/SATURDAY at Boykin springs. If anybody is interested in meeting me, send a PM

Sorry for the late notice but there is finially a break in the weather and I can't stand to sit still any longer.

Sorry, my three days of Star Wars starts tomorrow. Yes, three times in three days in two states.
biggrin.png

Would love to go, but I can't. My excuse is a little better than Gixers, This weekend is 23 years with the Mrs. Likely would not make 24 if I spent it with my motorcycle buddies.

Have fun.

Would love to go, but I can't. My excuse is a little better than Gixers, This weekend is 23 years with the Mrs. Likely would not make 24 if I spent it with my motorcycle buddies.

Have fun.
Really? Seriously? Get some balls about yourself, establish your dominance and explain to her that it is YOUR anniversary just as much as it hers and YOU want to do something for yourself.

Or, you can do like I am doing. She told me I needed to work some overtime to pay for Christmas. So, I am typing this from work.

Have fun.
Really? Seriously? Get some balls about yourself, establish your dominance and explain to her that it is YOUR anniversary just as much as it hers and YOU want to do something for yourself.

Or, you can do like I am doing. She told me I needed to work some overtime to pay for Christmas. So, I am typing this from work.
HAHA. The current air temperature around here is about 31. It would be near -131 degrees in my house if she let me back in said house if I ditched her.

Seriously, though last weekend she actually encouraged me to go on the trip despite the fact that it was her birthday. She is a keeper for sure.......or her boyfriend was wanting some quality time with her. I married up no doubt about it.

Married up. Common occurrence on the FJRForum it seems.
Except the one who is married to a hairy backed walrus. I do not remember who that is, but laugh every time I read it. She prob is a dame/betty, but he is just saying that to keep her a secret!
Even if she is as described, which I highly doubt, I still say it is likely he married up. I mean, have you seen him?