Electric clutch vs Revloc

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRuss

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to ride a KTM dirt bike equipped with a Revloc automatic clutch and thought there might be some commonalities. Just wondering at what point the AE goes into neutral? The KTM was interesting in that going down a rough, rocky hill, the bike would 'freewheel' much sooner than I wanted it to. Wondered if the FJR, while slowing under compression, will suddenly start to 'freewheel' as well. I assume it must. The Revloc folks have a unique answer to the vacant spot where the clutch lever used to be: a lever for the rear brake. Takes more than a bit of getting used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't noticed any "freewheel" sensation, except while braking and coming to a stop. While compression braking and slowing in first gear, it (trans) stays in gear until the brakes are applied....then you can feel the clutch slip the trans at less than 5 mph or so..

Interesting....I think the bike would do the same even if you roll to a stop while compression braking and let the bike stop on it's own.

But, I dunno, will have to try it and see! :dribble:

The AE never will not go into neutral on its own. It simply engine brakes if in too low of gear. It cannot be downshifted if the computer senses it will lock up the rear will. It simply does not shift. The bike can only be shifted into neutral when it is completely stopped, or is rolled backwards. I found that out while backing into a parking space while shifting to neutral.

Latest posts