End of the road for my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all been said -- but "ditto all of it" ... especially Don's post above this one
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It is with great sadness that I'm reporting the demise of my FJR. I was coming home from work in north ATX when a SWF made a left turn in front of me. I was going 40 MPH and the bike and I went down hard. I got a busted right hand and my left shoulder got hit hard too. It could have been worse but I'm a ATGATT rider. The EMS gave me an ambulance ride to the hospital, the bike was unrideable and was towed. The LEO that worked the scene stated on the MVA report that the other driver violated my ROW. I'm glad he got that part right because I would be SOL trying to make an insurance claim. I've got two other bikes but I've got a case of PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) due to my STD ( short term disability).
I'm GYOK (Glad Your OK)

Ouch, sorry to hear about you're loss. But glad you are OK. What kind of riding gear did you have on? And did it help cut down on road rash and other unforeseen injuries? Heal well my friend...

Damn glad it wasn't worse; hope you heal up quick and don't have any problems with the other driver's insurance company trying to lowball you.
+1.

Note that if the other insurance tries to lowball you simply refuse the settlement and tell them to find you a machine in the same condition as yours was (pristine, no doubt) and with similar mileage . . . that'll get them down to earth quickly - don't ask how I know.

Remember to claim all your gear, too.

Relax and recover. Get a headlight modulator installed on all your bikes while you are out of the saddle.

It almost sounds like the other STD would have been better. It only takes two weeks and you are up and running again.

Glad you are OK even with STD's

Sorry bout the loss and pain. Thought mine was gone too. Caught a deer, head on, 5-30, had just slowed to @50 or so.. Dead deer but rode my 06 down the mtn. and home.(after picking up myself and parts) Believe the damage was way lessened by sliders I installed.

Could have been avoided if I had planned to stop instead of watching which way the deer was going to go. Watched him take dead aim for my high beams. SLOWING DOWN IS NOT THE ANSWER, PREP TO STOP.

Sorry to hear about the accident but you made it through and that's the most important thing. Sue to *&%## $$$$$$ and get you a 2013!

Damn glad it wasn't worse; hope you heal up quick and don't have any problems with the other driver's insurance company trying to lowball you.
+1.

Note that if the other insurance tries to lowball you simply refuse the settlement and tell them to find you a machine in the same condition as yours was (pristine, no doubt) and with similar mileage . . . that'll get them down to earth quickly - don't ask how I know.

Remember to claim all your gear, too.

Relax and recover. Get a headlight modulator installed on all your bikes while you are out of the saddle.
Also they owe you sales tax for your state on what ever dollar figure they give you. Claim your gear and if you have accessories and the coverage they owe you that up to a dollar point and as said your gear.

Been there and wore those casts and pins and plates, do not let them low ball you.

Just recover and do what you need in rehab and get on another bike. It was year of a brand new 10 sitting in my carport before I could ride it! But ride I do.

Don't forget medical bills and time of recovery...... Don't settle with them for quite some time.

Your medical bills will continue long after if and when you were to settle.... forget about the money for the bike for now...

Get a estimate for the value of your bike TODAY/THIS MONTH from a bank.... And get that info notarized for the date you got the estimate from one of the bankers....

Sorry bout the loss and pain. Thought mine was gone too. Caught a deer, head on, 5-30, had just slowed to @50 or so.. Dead deer but rode my 06 down the mtn. and home.(after picking up myself and parts) Believe the damage was way lessened by sliders I installed.Could have been avoided if I had planned to stop instead of watching which way the deer was going to go. Watched him take dead aim for my high beams. SLOWING DOWN IS NOT THE ANSWER, PREP TO STOP.
I stop as quickly and safely as possible when I see a deer. They are sooooooooo unfriggen predicable! Deer stories are endless and my solution has been to be stopped if at all possible.

Sorry to hear. I hope you get better soon.

I had an OL (old lady) decide to make a right turn from the middle lane last Dec. I, too, was saved by ATGATT. I can't believe the amount of haggling I had to do with the insurance company over the price of the bike. Sheesh.

But I get the privilege of showing up at her court date as a witness.

Latest posts