Engine Removal Progressing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seal language? Oh, boy...here we go.

oh, wait.....um.....red flag. If yer gonna take that bolt out and some of the others you may want to suspend the rear end because the center stand may be involved with that area....

Damnit.....tell me I'm not being helpful.......I get the rickets really bad when I try to help someone.

Seal language? Oh, boy...here we go.

oh, wait.....um.....red flag. If yer gonna take that bolt out and some of the others you may want to suspend the rear end because the center stand may be involved with that area....

Damnit.....tell me I'm not being helpful.......I get the rickets really bad when I try to help someone.
You got me thinking, so I went out and put the bike on the center stand. The distance from the bolt to the front of the engine is greater than the distance from the bolt straight down to the ground. Oil pan will not interfere with stand. Green flag!

Remove the oil pan and clean it out, than reinstall (4 bolts) before dropping the engine.