EOM 2014 - Places to EAT!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pie was decent......you're welcome :rolleyes:
I'm in for some more butts in Maggie Valley. Are we going to do it on Sunday Night again???

I liked Butts on the a creek very much. Highly recommend the Brisket. They don't stay open late. Bungie, didn't they bring all of us dessert on the house? It was damn good too. :)
Sunday night sounds fine by me :)

Clocklaw, Dawn and I were talking about you two this morning at work!

Next year for these events, is up in the air. We plan on doing the Iron Butt Key West to Alaska next year and I'm betting it's going to take all of our (non existent) vacation time and money. But, we'll see!

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand....there is only so much to go around. I am at the point where I loose vacation every year. I earn so much more than my wife that I don't take it all, I have built up to the max and I dump it every year (peril of being self employed). I lost 52 hours both of the last two years. She tells me to take off and go riding, but it's not as much fun to go by myself.

Next year for these events, is up in the air. We plan on doing the Iron Butt Key West to Alaska next year and I'm betting it's going to take all of our (non existent) vacation time and money. But, we'll see!

This place was originally on the flyer everyone will see soon (and at the EOM) but I have to add something to flyer and it won't fit anymore so here it is:

Corner Kitchen, 3 Boston Way, Historic Biltmore Village, Asheville, North Carolina 28803 p: 828.274.2439

This is my favorite place to eat in Asheville. I have only been for dinner but I promise you will love it. It is not cheap but the ingredients are fresh and made to perfection. The desserts are made from scratch and delivered by Annie’s Bakery every morning. Breakfast: 7:30a-11:00a, Lunch 11:30a-3p, Dinner every evening at 5, Saturday & Sunday Brunch 9a-3p. https://www.thecornerkitchen.com/about/contact.html

This place. Amazing.

I understand....there is only so much to go around. I am at the point where I loose vacation every year. I earn so much more than my wife that I don't take it all, I have built up to the max and I dump it every year (peril of being self employed). I lost 52 hours both of the last two years. She tells me to take off and go riding, but it's not as much fun to go by myself.

My husband is the same. He always gets weeks of vacation to my measly days of vacation. He never takes all of his time. I don't tell him to go ride, though, because I want to go too and it pisses me off that he gets to go and I don't!

I recently saw the vacation hour buildup for many of the police officers here at work and holy shit, some have upwards of 200 vacation hours 'saved' ! Some of them are having to take mandatory off time because they won't pay the hours out over a certain amount (and no where near 200). For me, if I have vacation I'm damn sure going to take it (but I understand in a self employed position why you would/could not!).

My best friend from High School has an office just around the corner from there so we join him there when we're up that way. He goes there a couple of times a week at least. I wish there was a place around here I wanted to go to a couple of times a week
fool.gif

We will have to check that place out sometime!

We have a place up the street that we get cheesesteaks from. Best in town. Take out only, but being two miles away, that's just fine.<br />

PS: the quote feature does NOT work when replying on my iPhone. It sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made a GPX file that should import the restaurants as favorites, in case anybody wants it.

I'll ask Wayne to post it up on the website.