EOM 2014 - Places to EAT!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asdgirl

Reaction score
I'm a foodie. When you see me, you'll see that I like to eat. I also like trying different places when tby and I are out riding. These places are ones that we have enjoyed and have been repeat customers. I thought I would share the list with you all as well. I plan on having some 'eats' mentioned along the routes when the routes become public (soon soon soon, promise) so you'll have a place that at least two people have thought were worthy of stopping in for some grub.

Enjoy!

Places to eat:

Bogarts 303 South Main, Waynesville. Thurs until 9p, Fri & Sat until 10p, Sun until 9p. The Rueben is the best but you won't be disappointed with anything you order. You will definitely find us here for dinner one night.

Fat Buddies BBQ 193 Waynesville Plaza, Waynesville, next to Winn Dixie. Thurs-Sat until 9p.

Joey's Pancake House 4309 Soco Rd., Maggie Valley. Daily 7a-noon. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, you name it. Very popular, get there early or there will be a wait!

Stecoah Diner 1751 Hwy. 28, Robbinsville. Open daily 11a-8p. Burgers, dogs, sandwiches. Can be busy as it is a small place.

Country Vittles 3589 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, open daily 7a-8:30p. Great pancakes, choose family style or off of their menu. Very close to Maggie Valley Inn. Can definitely be busy for breakfast.

Granny's Kitchen 1098 Painttown Rd. (19N), Cherokee. Breakfast daily 7-11a, lunch and dinner 11a-8p.

The Hub 664 Rodney Orr Bypass, Robbinsville, NC 28771. They have great, fresh brewed, specialty coffee as well as sandwiches, all in a refurbished 1950's gas station. Very cool spot to check out! Thurs 11a-7p, Fri-Sat 11a-9p and Sun 12-6p.

Well done asdgirl. Thank u for your advanced work on the important things such as this. Really looking forward to this.

Y'all are welcome! My favorite thing in the world is to RIDE so I know how excited you are cause I am just as excited. I've been to Maggie Valley too many times to count but anywhere I can ride that has curvy roads is a place I want to be. Having some good food along the way only makes it better :D

I have been looking forward to this for months. I was hoping to hit the Women's Sportbike Rally at the Gap this weekend but my husband said he wanted to go to this before I asked about the Rally so this won. Can't wait to meet everyone, it looks like we'll get along juuuuuuuuust fine :)

Y'all are welcome! My favorite thing in the world is to RIDE so I know how excited you are cause I am just as excited. I've been to Maggie Valley too many times to count but anywhere I can ride that has curvy roads is a place I want to be. Having some good food along the way only makes it better
biggrin.png

I have been looking forward to this for months. I was hoping to hit the Women's Sportbike Rally at the Gap this weekend but my husband said he wanted to go to this before I asked about the Rally so this won. Can't wait to meet everyone, it looks like we'll get along juuuuuuuuust fine
smile.png
Probably why RTE's are so popular.

The two just go together like a scoop of french vanilla on a warm homemade slice of apple pie
bleh.gif

Speaking of pie...there's also RTP's (Ride to Pie). I haven't rode one of these yet, but it's on my list
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I've done a few RTE's with some friends .. well, what am I saying? I always RTE.

Mmmmmmmmmmm pie. Now I'm hungry.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yep, I've done a few RTE's with some friends .. well, what am I saying? I always RTE.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
And if you do a RTP?... 2 piece minimum! ...and no pics?... didn't happen.

Look forward to meeting you and your husband at EOM :)

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
And if you do a RTP?... 2 piece minimum! ...and no pics?... didn't happen.

Look forward to meeting you and your husband at EOM
smile.png
Challenge accepted! And pics are no problem. If I had kids I would probably have more pictures of food than of them (perhaps we made a wise choice in not procreating...) ... Looking forward to meeting you as well !

Butts on the Creek in Maggie Valley was pretty good. They even stayed open later for us.

Line: "What's Brisket?"

Bungie: "Just order it"

Order comes...

Line: "Mmmmm brisket <unintelligible speaking with mouthful> ... is awesome!"

May have to give that place a try - the husband loves him some brisket! (and I love good BBQ period).

Butts on the Creek in Maggie Valley was pretty good. They even stayed open later for us.
Line: "What's Brisket?"

Bungie: "Just order it"

Order comes...

Line: "Mmmmm brisket <unintelligible speaking with mouthful> ... is awesome!"
I agree, mmmmm brisket. My favorite meat from the smoker.

And I believe Butts on the Creek is within walking distance of the Inn.

I liked Butts on the a creek very much. Highly recommend the Brisket. They don't stay open late. Bungie, didn't they bring all of us dessert on the house? It was damn good too. :)

I liked Butts on the a creek very much. Highly recommend the Brisket. They don't stay open late. Bungie, didn't they bring all of us dessert on the house? It was damn good too.
smile.png
I think so. I remember walking out for a butt while everybody else was just sitting talking and all the chairs were on the tables and the staff as just finishing their evening clean up. They never did ask us to leave, but I suggested it.

Good place!

ASD Girl, we had a fantastic time at the Woman's Sportbike Rally and plan to go again next year......you'll have to plan to do both next year so the FJRs can show those sport riders how it's done.

I have been looking forward to this for months. I was hoping to hit the Women's Sportbike Rally at the Gap this weekend but my husband said he wanted to go to this before I asked about the Rally so this won. Can't wait to meet everyone, it looks like we'll get along juuuuuuuuust fine
smile.png

The pie was decent......you're welcome
rolleyes.gif

I'm in for some more butts in Maggie Valley. Are we going to do it on Sunday Night again???

I liked Butts on the a creek very much. Highly recommend the Brisket. They don't stay open late. Bungie, didn't they bring all of us dessert on the house? It was damn good too.
smile.png