EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But to be perfectly clear and so Mike won't put any rocks & dirt up his nose and Iris won't get distracted by lurid daydreaming on the trip to Wytheville (well maybe for both)...
Adulting
Adulting (v): to do grown up things and hold responsibilities such as, a 9-5 job, a mortgage/rent, a car payment, or anything else that makes one think of grown ups. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Adulting&defid=8302298
Besides I may have sold my Tenere this coming Sat pending the buyers inspection. He is showing up with trailer and cash in hand.
greedy.gif
coolsmiley02.gif

All y'all chilluns have a fun and safe meet.
So, you're not gonna make it at all now? Very disappointing
sadsmiley.gif
Thanks Joe. I tried to put the guy off a week, but he is in heat to ride the next weekend...hopefully on his new to him 2012 Tenere! I guess you will be responsible for tending the fruit jars for me.
My problem is, that I lack the self control required to tend to anything in a Mason jar. We'll miss ya.

Well, the proverbial wrench has been thrown into my plans for EOM. Unfortunately I need to be back for the weekend for a business commitment that I cannot get out of.
sad.png
I did order a shirt and perhaps Madmudder can pick that up for me in my absence. In exchange Tim, I will give you my banquet ticket so you can have seconds.
smile.png

On a good note, I will be riding down to Fairmont WV on Wednesday and staying overnight but will have to return home on Thursday. I'm going to miss hanging with everyone and hopefully be able to ride with some of you before the end of the season.
Sucks big, Mike. Was looking forward to riding with you this weekend! Maybe Laura and I will have to try to squeeze in a Canadian visit before the annual hibernation period begins...

If we run out of Bulliet by the time we reach Wytheville, we certainly hope there's a source nearby for more. If not, I understand the 13 Monks Bar and Grill may all time favorite Pumpkin beer on tap.

Well, the proverbial wrench has been thrown into my plans for EOM. Unfortunately I need to be back for the weekend for a business commitment that I cannot get out of.
sad.png
I did order a shirt and perhaps Madmudder can pick that up for me in my absence. In exchange Tim, I will give you my banquet ticket so you can have seconds.
smile.png

On a good note, I will be riding down to Fairmont WV on Wednesday and staying overnight but will have to return home on Thursday. I'm going to miss hanging with everyone and hopefully be able to ride with some of you before the end of the season.
We'll miss you buddy!

Hey Mike (Wineguy), My buddy Chuck has decided to go to EOM. He will use your Banquet ticket (if that's ok with you) and pay you ne next time we see you. - Steve

Have to take a Bye. I left the house on Thursday morning, and after a two day ride with some friends made it to Ontairo Oregon, where I came down with food poisoning or some kind of flew virus and started to get the runs and throwing up. After two days of this ugly pass time, the runs continued and I felt like shit. I visited an ER in Payette ID and nothing was found. Doc says bla bla bla. After last Friday, I really never felt good enough to continue on Sunday morning and doing 500+ miles a day and after think of being stole up in a motel in Nebraska trying to get better, I threw in the towel. So going to miss this ride. Maybe next year, if I still have an FJR. The little ride home today pretty much did me in, and it was only 384m.

You all have fun.

Not that it matters, but I'm going to miss this year; the MIL is turning 90, and that sort of thing requires family attendance. I'll be watching for reports, here and the Wytheville paper.

Somebody keep Cav47 outta trouble...

For anyone canceling at this point, please PM me so I can keep track of the headcount. I have already given the meal count guarantee to the catering vendor, so I'm locked into a number that I have to pay for...

Somebody keep Cav47 outta trouble...
So much for a realistic expectation.
rolleyes.gif
I think Cav is already taking care of himself - I don't think he is attending due to coaching football this season.
I won't like that post above but Allen is correct! I am out for this year. I couldn't pass up a chance to make some cash coaching this fall. (GEN 3 FUND) Plus it was a buddy of mine who has been calling me for 3 years every summer but my Masters was keeping me out of coaching.

Football? Man any excuse to avoid fun.
bleh.gif
The worst part is we are not going to make a run in the playoffs(must be the coaching) but that means I will be getting out this Fall. Maybe later, but I will be getting out.

Jim, what's it like two hours for a guest appearance?
I'm feeling very un-adulting like behavior may be probable on my part.
Hopefully selling Tenere on Sat morning Mike. Old bike not ready for that kind of journey right now...and that would take 12 hours at least!

Be careful, stuffing too much dirt and rocks up your nose will make it sore and I can't be there to prevent it.

Latest posts