EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be heading north into WV, or south into NC...or just taking it easy (keeping it below 10mph over) in VA.
Joe is that the mason jar talking?
uhoh.gif
fool.gif

Damn... "And if you get caught going over 80 mph at all, that’s automatically a reckless driving charge. Reckless driving is not a traffic citation, it’s a criminal charge, and a Class One misdemeanor at that. That means it’s the highest level of misdemeanor you can be charged with in Virginia, right below a felony. The maximum penalty for a reckless driving conviction is a $2,500 fine, a six month driver’s license suspension, and up to a year in jail."

Definitely keeping it under 80. Will be hard to remember as down here in SE FL if you are doing anything less than 80 you better be in the slow lane with flashers on.

I'll be heading north into WV, or south into NC...or just taking it easy (keeping it below 10mph over) in VA.
Joe is that the mason jar talking?
uhoh.gif
fool.gif
...the wet roads helped to keep Bob's speed to a minimum (thank god for that), and the contents of the mason jar kept my speeds to a minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run up into Southern VA quite a bit on day rides...I love the little 1.5 lane roads that are laced around the countryside. I find the police in those areas like to position themselves just beyond the crests of hills...keeps things interesting. :D

Good Lord people! There is this thing called self control. Are you an adult? well, you probably are judging from pictures. Are you a responsible adult? Follow state rules... whether you like them or not... or pay the price. That's all there is to it. Jeesh! Choose & stop complaining. That shit gets really old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Lord people! There is this thing called self control. Are you an adult? well, you probably are judging from pictures. Are you a responsible adult? Follow state rules... whether you like them or not... or pay the price. That's all there is to it. Jeesh! Choose & stop complaining. That shit gets really old.
Oh stop making sense... ;) :lol:

Must. Twist. Throttle.

I wish I could stop speeding. I wish they had a 12 step program called "Speeders Anonymous".

It just doesn't feel as good when I'm not speeding.

Well, there.....I have taken the first step and admitted I am powerless. Not sure if I want to take the rest of these steps to cure my addiction to speeding though.

rolleyes.gif

I'll try my best but, Betsy gets all cranky and Bitchy when I try to restrain her. She doesn't like it at all. :)

I'm hoping we can get over to Cumberland Gap on the way back home. We wanted to stop there on the way home from Lewisburg but it was dark by the time we got there.

Performance Awards can be easily obtained in any state of the Union. Common sense and diligence will serve one well.

One of the great things about this locale, is the ability to get to different states relatively quick. Marie and I are looking forward to seeing the Wytheville area, and the roads it has to offer.

Performance Awards can be easily obtained in any state of the Union. Common sense and diligence will serve one well.One of the great things about this locale, is the ability to get to different states relatively quick. Marie and I are looking forward to seeing the Wytheville area, and the roads it has to offer.
And.... Lewisburg is under 2 hours away. ;)

Marie and I are looking forward to seeing the Wytheville area, and the roads it has to offer.
I speak from experience of having the honor of a major performance award in VA; doesn't deter me from riding there frequently.

The riding both paved and unpaved in the Whytheville is excellent and there is a diversity of topographies and cultural features well worth exploring.
There are two schools of thought here: performance or exploration. I can't imagine riding from Marion to Tazewell and not wicking it up a bit. Nor can I imagine riding balls to the wall around the Burke's Garden loop or over Big Walker or White Top while not slowing/stopping to soak it all in.

Sticking strictly to one school of thought or the other will lead to very different EOM experiences in Sept...both lacking depth.

Isn't having choice a good thing? Experience both schools and your life will be richer for it. Choose your attitude on a given day or reach of road and RIDE!
whistling.gif

The meet location is set. This thread would be more productive by focusing on the exceptional region offerings, three of which are mentioned above.
bike.gif

Crawling back under my rock now.

Marie and I are looking forward to seeing the Wytheville area, and the roads it has to offer.
I speak from experience of having the honor of a major performance award in VA; doesn't deter me from riding there frequently.

The riding both paved and unpaved in the Whytheville is excellent and there is a diversity of topographies and cultural features well worth exploring.
There are two schools of thought here: performance or exploration. I can't imagine riding from Marion to Tazewell and not wicking it up a bit. Nor can I imagine riding balls to the wall around the Burke's Garden loop or over Big Walker or White Top while not slowing/stopping to soak it all in.

Sticking strictly to one school of thought or the other will lead to very different EOM experiences in Sept...both lacking depth.

Isn't having choice a good thing? Experience both schools and your life will be richer for it. Choose your attitude on a given day or reach of road and RIDE!
whistling.gif

The meet location is set. This thread would be more productive by focusing on the exceptional region offerings, three of which are mentioned above.
bike.gif

Crawling back under my rock now.
amen brother I am not a big fan of Virginia's laws but this is a great area and looking forward to eom lets enjoy