EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTH? I could have sworn that I had booked a room but I had a nagging doubt in the back of my head. I just called to get my confirmation number wrote down and they didn't show me having a reservation.
uhoh.gif
Now it is confirmed, I have a room booked with two beds and I may be looking for a room mate if I'm coming alone.

That's mostly Blue Ridge Parkway from VA to Tellico Plains? Hop off at NC-80 towards Marion, maybe get your photo taken by Blind Kenny, loop back around to 226/226A. Over towards Brevard consider a loop around NC-215, US-64, NC-281. NC-28 down to Tellico Road and then up US-129 would be a funner route to the Cherohala if you're purposefully avoiding Deals Gap. If you're not... Take NC-28 up, the ride through the Fontana Village area is one of the best.

Thanks, incorporated most of that, except the 28-129 loop. Already pushing 400m that day and that maybe too much. Thanks, as the others look good and a break from the BRP 45.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone else will have to be the drunken entertainment at EOM 2016...JSNS
LMAO.... I might bring a bottle of Aberlour 16 just to tempt you with. It would be worth it for another video... ;-)
Not a big fan of Single Malt Scotch...But a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle?...well, maybe.
Good lord man... I'm trying to save up enough for a new bike... I'll have to find some good "mountain spring water" in a mason jar instead. Damn that was good stuff. I still rave about it whenever I get the chance.

Edit:

Ha, I see Bob has good taste... I think I will plan on bringing the Aberlour. Not sure I could find any store bought spring water good enough to match that nectar we had at Lewisburg.
I might have a Mason jar of a "homemade libation" with me, from the southeast TN/northwest GA/northeast AL corner.

Someone else will have to be the drunken entertainment at EOM 2016...JSNS
LMAO.... I might bring a bottle of Aberlour 16 just to tempt you with. It would be worth it for another video... ;-)
Not a big fan of Single Malt Scotch...But a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle?...well, maybe.
Good lord man... I'm trying to save up enough for a new bike... I'll have to find some good "mountain spring water" in a mason jar instead. Damn that was good stuff. I still rave about it whenever I get the chance.

Edit:

Ha, I see Bob has good taste... I think I will plan on bringing the Aberlour. Not sure I could find any store bought spring water good enough to match that nectar we had at Lewisburg.
I will have 5 cases of Mason jars filled with a "homemade libation" with me, from the southeast TN/northwest GA/northeast AL corner.
Fixed :grin:

Some people need monitoring with moonshine around?
I fear I corrupted Joe on his birthday at Bluestone. He has had a taste for honey dew vine water ever since...thinks he can run the bear off the mountain once partaken. Sounds like Joe and Bryan should make a team effort. Clear out all those pesky bears.

Yeah...ask Bob about my first trip on the Dragon...just another time that I kinda hurt myself the night before. See you next month in SEO. I'll be sticking with the legal libations, thank you very much.

Yeah...ask Bob about my first trip on the Dragon...just another time that I kinda hurt myself the night before. See you next month in SEO. I'll be sticking with the legal libations, thank you very much.
I think what Joe meant to say is, I'll be sticking with the legal libations that only speed marginally where it is presumed safer to do so.

It's not illegal unless you get caught. Ooops, I guess you did get caught a bit didn't ya Joe!
wink.png

Counting down the days to SEO my brotha!, betcha you got yur bags packed already!