EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! Rain STOP! I have no garage. I can see me now... crouched in the driveway with a rainsuit on checking the air in my friggin tires. I am so sick of this non-stop rain. It's been raining for 3 goshforsaken days. Madmudder, heading out tomorrow morning from the east coast. I'm above Carolina, though. See you in Wyethville tomorow sometime.
Hey Heidi is it Luvtoride in the rain? Last time I saw you it was raining then as I recallBurn spot I am in Edenton area when and where is the sheetz you are thinking of
The Sheetz is on the SW side of the intersection of 58 and 501 in South Boston, VA. Louis and I are meeting up in Rocky Mount at 9am if you want to link up earlier....US64 at Winstead exit, gas station just north of 64 there.
Hey when are you planing to be in South Boston?

I think I will be following this route unless a better one is provided.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mohave+Trail,+Edenton,+NC+27932/Wytheville,+VA/@36.4442512,-80.291465,6.75z/am=t/data=!4m17!4m16!1m5!1m1!1s0x89afecc48895869f:0x9ac0fcb3c69345a5!2m2!1d-76.700898!2d36.2234321!1m5!1m1!1s0x8851e036ed078515:0xa66a3b265ddc58d!2m2!1d-81.084811!2d36.9484528!2m2!1b1!2b1!3e0
I figure 11am, by Google's estimate...this is fairly close to what my GPS always gives me for a route up to there (https://goo.gl/maps/28oi915uHir).

All packed...

IMG_5163-XL.jpg

Thanks everyone.
Mike said to remind y'all that we are only 2 hours out. Stop by and see us. The tomatoes are late and just now at the peak of ripeness. We'll share!
I don't know if we've ever met, but can I stop by if I bring the bread and the mayo? Between the drought and disease my tomatoes were a bust this year. I'll even ooh and ahh over the house if I have to to get a tomato sandwich!

All this talk of hitting the road for Wytheville is giving me fits. I've still got another day of work here in Providence and then a flight home tomorrow night. Laura and I can't leave until Friday morning and it will be all-slab all day Friday to get there in time for the parking lot social. At least we can still get there.
worriedsmiley.gif

Took 2 friggin' HOURS just to get through Orlando! 95 degrees and 4 mph on I-4!

Made it to Brunswick, GA for the night (just got in), so 2 beers and then bed...big day tomorrow. :grin:

Thanks everyone.

Mike said to remind y'all that we are only 2 hours out. Stop by and see us. The tomatoes are late and just now at the peak of ripeness. We'll share!
I don't know if we've ever met, but can I stop by if I bring the bread and the mayo? Between the drought and disease my tomatoes were a bust this year. I'll even ooh and ahh over the house if I have to to get a tomato sandwich!
Stop by anytime and we shall feast!!! I'll ante up the whole picnic.

I sent the "we do the outside of the house" crew home yesterday with a ditty bag full.

I hear ya. Tomatoes are always a crap shoot. I did not get to plant these until July 10 with all the rain here in June. I may have discovered something.

Here's a lil' appetite whetter...
WP_20160828_11_14_04_Pro_zpsiog1vzap.jpg

Packed and ready to. Unfortunately, my gf will be unable to join us due to family matters. BlacknWhite and Abercrombie will be at my house shortly and we will be on our way. ETA in Wytheville is about 7:30-8pm. Have a cold one ready for when we arrive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really am going to have to start NOT preregistering. Alas, another year that I'll end up paying but not attending: Instead of riding with you wonderful folks, I'll be in North Carolina with my brother, whose bike isn't up to making long distances reliably (intermittent electrical demon means it might start, it might not. He has an appointment Sunday near ATL to get it looked at).

So, chalk this'un up to "family commitments." Hoist a chilly one for me. I was so looking forward to it. Love those roads. And the conviviality. And the libations.

I'm sending Don Springfield in my place. We picked up his 2016ES at Hillview motorsports last evening. I picked him up on the FJR at Pittsburgh airport, and we made our way to Westmoreland County through heavy traffic, 2-tunnels, and got to the dealer about 5:00 PM. From what I saw, Don got a great deal, and I will be re-thinking a trip to D&H in Cullman in favor of this local dealer. Celebrated with hot wings and a beer at Dinos in Latrobe, PA.

Don is meeting his friend (ironically named Rick Maier) at EOM and will be there for the weekend. I hope all of you have the kind of weekend I hoped to have there. I just don't know if Don can be happy after riding pillon on the superior Gen I.

B13CD38E-B46B-494C-8314-E8E3C9728466.jpg

Calling Gerald Vick to the hot phone,

You will have a package arriving in the AM Via FedX to your attention.

To: Ramada Inn Wytheville
Attn: Gerald Vick, FJR Rally Swag
955 Peppers Ferry Rd
Wytheville, VA 24382

WynPro,

Last edited by a moderator: