EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is the photographer on the Snake?
Googling only turned up old sites from wannabe's or 404's.
Steve, I went back to check on who the photographer was in hopes of getting a new FJR screen saver to replace my 2013 screen saver. I returned to look at the car "Mazda Miata" since it appeared to have advertising on it and only found it covered with stickers with no reference to photos for sale. I think it may have been one of the Miata group just taking pictures. I wish I would have stopped to talk to the guy to find out for sure.

By your own admission, you need to lose a few pounds anyway.
Who doesn't.
rolleyes.gif

On "Adulting"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Group photo is posted here for download.
and here for viewing as well.
Photos are great. Is it just me or does Barry not look like the cherry on the top of a sundae?

^^^^Hahahaha ....where the hell did you find that?!!
That's a song that I've loved for years now (since becoming an adult back in the 80's?) from the Canuck indie band The Pursuit of Happiness. It's on my zumo on MP3. They put out some great riding music IMO...

Ouch.... just heard from the insurance guy. First estimate from my ditch surfing escapade is $6,308.58 in damages but he said once the shop pulls it apart they might find a couple of other things. Thankfully I am fully insured.

Ouch.... just heard from the insurance guy. First estimate from my ditch surfing escapade is $6,308.58 in damages but he said once the shop pulls it apart they might find a couple of other things. Thankfully I am fully insured.
Well, on the bright side, you didn't get physically hurt in the process and now have a story to tell. ;)

Well, on the bright side, you didn't get physically hurt in the process and now have a story to tell. ;)
Or maybe chivvalry could tone down that inner hoolagan a bit. :) Just Sayin'

Well, on the bright side, you didn't get physically hurt in the process and now have a story to tell.
wink.png
Or maybe chivvalry could tone down that inner hoolagan a bit.
smile.png
Just Sayin'
He was behind ME...believe me, I don't go that fast.

Well, on the bright side, you didn't get physically hurt in the process and now have a story to tell.
wink.png
Or maybe chivvalry could tone down that inner hoolagan a bit.
smile.png
Just Sayin'
He was behind ME...believe me, I don't go that fast.
It was a complete mind/vapor lock thing. There is and was NO reason I should have blown the corner at all. It wasn't that sharp and I wasn't going that fast. I've taken much harder corners much faster.

Better just make it $6,309.00...that'll cover the "NOT ART" sticker too. You gotta hang that piece up in your garage...JSNS

It was a complete mind/vapor lock thing. There is and was NO reason I should have blown the corner at all. It wasn't that sharp and I wasn't going that fast. I've taken much harder corners much faster.
Sorry for your crash :( Always sad to see anyone damage their bike. I'm glad you are okay. It's really interesting that you posted this line. I started a thread months ago about something that sounds like what you described happened to you. I had caught myself before it was too late and was asking if anyone else had any insight into it. All low speed stuff, not hot dogging it at all. Do you have any insight into what happened, why you might have "mind/vapor locked" (your phrase, not mine).

I'm asking in hopes to educate myself (and others) about something we should be very aware of because it's very real.

Sorry for your crash
sad.png
Always sad to see anyone damage their bike. I'm glad you are okay. It's really interesting that you posted this line. I started a thread months ago about something that sounds like what you described happened to you. I had caught myself before it was too late and was asking if anyone else had any insight into it. All low speed stuff, not hot dogging it at all. Do you have any insight into what happened, why you might have "mind/vapor locked" (your phrase, not mine).

I'm asking in hopes to educate myself (and others) about something we should be very aware of because it's very real.
Sure... a couple of contributing factors I think. I scraped a canyon cage earlier in the day on the snake... I was about half (maybe a little more) into my right side peg and touched the cage. Quite disconcerting I must say... hard parts levering your bike off the pavement is a bad thing. I didn't get too spooked by that until a little later when I was on 58 casually cruising along behind Wheaton and in that right hander I touched the right peg again... immediately what popped into my head was "Oh f*ck the cage"... I then stood it back up and braked over the DY and into the ditch. Thankfully I almost made the curve so I didn't impact the rock wall like the Coyote to Wheaton's Road Runner. I believe that I was dehydrated a bit as well so perhaps my brain wasn't working as well as it should have.

Oh, and I touched the cage in the snake and the peg in that right hander because I am a hooligan dummy and had my wonderful new high tech suspension set to SOFT and single rider instead of HARD and double up. If you are going to be a hooligan set your suspension up right and drink lots of gatorade and water.

I deserved it.

I deserved it.
No you didn't... no one deserves to have that happen to them, least of all you... welcome to the wonderful world of being human. Don't beat yourself up too badly, m'kay? Learn from it and move on with a bit more knowledge/wisdom in your tool kit (the best tool you have is the one on top of your shoulders...
wink.png
).

Well, just heard from the shop. New number is $11,233

Going to talk to the insurance adjuster Monday to see if I can save her.