EOM 2016 - Wytheville Virginia on September 22-25, 2016 - Ramada Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you forget - he had to ride on my back seat all the way back to the hotel...

"Sit down, Shut up, Hang on...."

You looked like you had been through the wringer when you got to EOM Central. I was surprised you emceed on Sat. night, you must have good medicine.
I was going to say that he was probably still jacked up on adrenaline from riding on the back with Wayne!
tonguesmiley.gif

Add me to the EOM totaled Club. Got a call back from the insurance this morning and my 2014es is totaled. Oh well glad I wasn't injured more and will go find the next one..

From talking to you the night before the accident at EOM, I know the red wasn't your favorite color (I'll just assume that was the alcohol talking). Anyway, hope you get a color that you like better this time around. Still brand new 2015's at fantastic prices to be had. Like you said, at least you weren't seriously hurt.

Don.

So that's two FJR's totaled for sure. Wayne - is yours totaled as well (even though you got some tools and will fix it)?

Dayum but this year was rough on the equipment.

Did you forget - he had to ride on my back seat all the way back to the hotel...
Funniest. Video. Ever.

Just got off the phone with USAA. Smoothest claim I've ever walked through.

Bike is totaled. Salvage value was $710, deductible was $500. I'm keeping the bike and will repair it. Michigan law is such that a vehicle over 6 model years old does not require a salvage title, so no inspection / certification after repairs to re-register.

So that's two FJR's totaled for sure. Wayne - is yours totaled as well (even though you got some tools and will fix it)?

Funniest. Video. Ever.

Just got off the phone with USAA. Smoothest claim I've ever walked through.

Bike is totaled. Salvage value was $710, deductible was $500. I'm keeping the bike and will repair it. Michigan law is such that a vehicle over 6 model years old does not require a salvage title, so no inspection / certification after repairs to re-register.

Funniest. Video. Ever.
Dang.

Now you need that deer strike image for your sig.

3 bikes totaled. 2 minor casualties of war. A silver AE had his AE linkage snap off at the attach points on the sub frame just like what happened to Yamafitter.

My AE got the S2 spider bite when I was about an hour away from Clocklaw's house in Tennessee. Thank God the bike kept running. I had NO electonics at all but, the engine kept running and I could manually shift the gears. He towed me to the EOM. A pit crew from heaven showed up and spent all the next day (When they could've been riding) and had it fixed by dinner time. The NARCAR community would've been proud. I was the only one that got to ride my bike home. It was a 810 mile trip and the bike was flawless! Thanks, Guys! I'll never forget it.
punk.gif
biggrin.png

4 bikes totaled
sadsmiley.gif
Thought your's was just cosmetic...
It was mostly cosmetic but Yamaha tupperware is pricey. The bike is 11 years old with 60,000 miles (nothing for an FJR but high miles to a lot of folk). So a couple pieces of plastic, a saddlebag and a muffler plus labor was probably enough to reach the 60% of value SC total loss threshold.

I'm keeping it and fixing it. And looking for deals on Airglide pants and jacket, a Shoei RF and a pair of boots.

All you guys with totaled bikes should take an inventory of what can be salvaged. Somebody might be able to fix one for a bit less cash eh?