Epic Colorado Rides ends with broken leg

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zounds, that stuff you rode into looks like what I find in my grandson's diaper. Easy to see why the front end failed to cooperate. Heal well and quickly.

...Having to take a pee, I pulled off on a gravel turn out, only to find a slimy mud mixture that took the front wheel in a different direction than the bike...
Moral of the story,

...it's better to wiz in yer pants than break yer leg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any luck on making arrangements, Ken? I keep asking trucker friends of mine if they are heading down that way so they could drop me off and I could ride it back for you, but I haven't had any luck yet. I figure that I could get back over the weekend.
One offer from Co-Grandparent to help me drive as we haul the bike back on my trailer. Another from someone who will be in Utah w/trailer that could help with help with funds. Both good options.

If you haven't recovered your bike yet you could try www.uship.com. Post what you want shipped from where to where and the drivers bid on it.
thanks Bill, but I'm leaving on Thurs. to pick up the bike. Ended up I will be going with wife and we will take in some sights and NP's going and coming back.