EPM Performance Imports, Tennent, NJ.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild72

Keep the dream alive: Hit the snooze button.
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace the worn out Race Tech front springs on my '07 AE, and having recently installed a set of HyperPro's for a friend on his '07 FJR who provided very favorable feedback, I perused their website, www.epmperf.com, and decided this was the route I was going to take.

Last Monday, (09/19), I called and spoke with Dee, who was very pleasant and eager to assist. I asked if they had the fork springs in stock for my bike, and she advised that most HyperPro parts need to be special ordered. I explained that I was hoping to get them and have them installed for an endurance rally beginning October 7th.

She informed me that every Wednesday, a truck goes to the factory in The Netherlands, and collects their orders, takes them to the airport where they are then flown to the USA and collected by EPM for distribution to their clients. She was honest enough to tell me that she thought it unlikely that she could get them on that weeks shipment, but could guarantee the following week, meaning I would have them by 10/4, giving me time to install them for the event. She added that she could make a phone cal or two and try to expedite my shipment. After further talking to her, I ended up purchasing the Streetbox kit, containing two HyperPro progressive fork springs, a new HyperPro rear shock, and a bottle of fork oil. An hour or so later, I received a Sales Order via email, clearly marked "*** Must have by Oct 4th ***".

Fast forward three days to Thursday 09/22 and I get an email from UPS stating that my package from EPM Performance Imports was scheduled for delivery at my house Friday 09/23!. And sure enough, UPS show up on Friday with my goodies, a full week earlier than I anticipated.

Saturday, I am busy installing the new parts and looking through all the paperwork sent, and I find a coupon for a free HyperPro shock rebuild courtesy of EPM once I have put between 25 and 30K on the new shock. For a little over $600, the bike rides better than when she was new, and certainly better than the tired suspension that was just on her. This is my third set of replacement fork springs, and 2nd rear shock replacement in a little over 100K miles. (Not afraid to take the FJR off road, much to the annoyance of some of my riding buddies!).

Dee and EPM went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of, and while I can't speak to the longevity of the products for another 25 K miles or so, I can certainly highly recommend the customer service commitment of EPM, and will have no hesitation in purchasing from them in the future. (But I will try and not leave it to the last minute!).

Pete

Latest posts