Escalation pull back

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Escalation pull back = de-escalation.
smile.png

Nice photos GR, as usual. You know that I am always a fan of your photo reports, and this one is no exception.

I also can relate 100% with what you are saying. Local rides don't have to be boring. We just make them that way for a few reasons. Normally we are creatures of habit, and one habit is wanting to know where you are going. Some folks get a thrill out of riding fast, and that is usually better attempted on roads where you know what's coming up around the corner.

It takes a wide open schedule and a curious mind to see a new road, not know where it goes and just turn down it to find out. Sometimes it turns out very good. Other times, not so much. But it is usually much more interesting than wearing down the same road you've been over 100 times before.

It's also one of the great joys in playing those internet photo tag games. I've been addicted to them for the past couple of year and probably ride out to a tag at least a couple times a week, so long as there is no snow on the road. Sometimes it's a challenge just to find the location, but often times with a bit of Google-Fu you can usually figure it out before you even leave home. But more importantly, it will often require you to ride to locations, and see things, that you have never experienced before, probably didn't even know they were out there, even though they are all within a day-ride of home. Of course my tag photos are pretty lame compared to your work, but the fun of the experience is right up there.

I don't know if there are any good Tag o Rama's going in your area, but I suspect they are similar to the several games running up here. Give it a try sometime.

GR,

I live vicariously through your lens and RR's. Imagine how much gas i save.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff GR!
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for viewing.

I don't know if there are any good Tag o Rama's going in your area, but I suspect they are similar to the several games running up here. Give it a try sometime.
So that's the reason why I've seen you post many times with your wife holding up a numbered placard in front of various POI? Never really heard or seen anything about tag-o-rama's before. But really any excuse to ride, visit new spots and find little hidden gems of places you'd normally ride right past can't be a bad thing!

I live vicariously through your lens and RR's. Imagine how much gas i save.
Thanks, Dave
LOL...thanks Dave. If it makes you feel any better you can send all that saved / unused fuel money down my way.
smile.png

So that's the reason why I've seen you post many times with your wife holding up a numbered placard in front of various POI? Never really heard or seen anything about tag-o-rama's before. But really any excuse to ride, visit new spots and find little hidden gems of places you'd normally ride right past can't be a bad thing!
Actually, most of the TORs just require a part of your bike to be visible in the picture to prove that you actually rode there. This often results in jokes about people carrying around a bike mirror in their car during the winter months. Some taggers will require that you hold something unique up the photo to prove it wasn't a file photo. But most of them just run under the honor system since the real point isn't to "win the game", The real winners get out and ride somewhere neat.

Some of the best fun happens when there is a particularly attractive tag location and several people try for it. I've met a bunch of FFs at the tag locations over the past couple of years. That can be fun. And when another inmate beats you to posting up the tag it's known as being "Bruced" for some historical reason related to some guy named Bruce.

Here's a link to the ADVriders Georgia Tag-o-rama. Looks like the game started in 2008 and is only 396 pages long.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There is actually a tag game right here on this forum. I just started playing earlier this year as I'd never heard of them before.

Yep, that's true. I's right here: North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Because that one covers all of North America (all of the world, actually), it is missing some of the appeal of the local games to go to a specific cool location. You just have to find something near you that is the same as what the tag is, not a specific place. So the riding distance and adventure isn't quite as great. But it is still a fun diversion and an excuse to get out and ride!