Ethanol free petition

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrwalker

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... e/lhq1qgW4

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Keep ethanol-free gas widely available.

Many car, boat, motorcycle, aircraft and other internal combustion engines require ethanol-free fuel, E0, to run properly. E0 gasoline is becoming a scarce commodity, due to the unintended consequences of the federal RFS mandate in EISA 2007, which was meant to spur E85 production and distribution and sale of flex-fuel vehicles. Since E85 vehicles remain a small fraction of the national fleet, E10 fuel production has exploded to meet the state-by-state volumetric ethanol requirement. If ethanol-free gasoline disappears in the retail market, a large number of vehicles will be rendered inoperable or will operate at severely reduced performance and incur higher maintenance costs.

This is obviously political, but I think this particular issue is not only motorcycle related, but the E15 part at least does relate to FJR. That, of course, is the one exception allowed for political stuff.

Moving thread to FJR Specific area...perhaps as an experiment. That said, let's all do our best to keep it about E15 (or option of E0) and the FJR. Off-topic blather won't be treated very kindly.

Thanks.

The Management

P.S. I signed it personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed.

PS - Only 2000 odd signatures in almost a month? It's an uphill battle in the next week. Maybe it needs some serious publicity.

Signed.

Is the push for E15 becoming serious?
I hope the admins do not view this as a political response.

The EPA has a FAQ on E15. Interesting to note they acknowledge E15 is not suitable for all motorcycles.

The EPA site also notes, "EPA, in response to a request by Growth Energy under section 211(f)(4) of the Clean Air Act, has granted a partial waiver to allow E15 to be introduced into commerce for use in model year 2001 and newer light-duty motor vehicles, subject to several conditions."

In my view if the EPA has granted a partial waiver to allow E15 subject to conditions then it is serious. I did not dig further in the the conditions of use.

If the admins believe I have sinned, I am sorry, please delete the this post.

I signed today! Need about 20,000 more before February 8th...
dribble.gif