Etymotic In-ear-monitors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I have to ask, how do these ER6's stack up sound and price wise to the custom molded earphones? I have some Shure E2's and the sound is great but the comfort is not as good as I would guess the custom made ones would be.

Rick M

Buy.com has processed my order for the ER6i. The order went to the warehouse. Evidently the item is out of stock. Now Buy.com shows my Etymotics "On Order". Funny, that's what I thought I already did! Just confirms the back order, I suppose. And the website explains that they have no idea when the items will be restocked.

Hurry up and wait. Maybe I'll get lucky and the price will go down in the mean time. Not holding my breath... :angry:

I'm in the same boat, and have been looking elsewhere to try and find some for about the same price. If I wasn't such a cheapskate, I could find them and have them tomorrow. As soon as I get a set, I'll take great pleasure in hitting the CANCEL button at Buy.com's website.

Yep, I'm a cheapskate, too. I could pay $10 more and have them NOW. But it's not that urgent. But I do WANT them, and NOW. WaaAAAaaaa....

:cry:

Heh... we think a LOT alike Rocket.... :D I make a very good living, and here I am waiting a week (and counting) because some dicked-up Internet site is "saving" me $15... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now running the ER6i's, amplirider, and XM.

Love this combo after using Sony earspeakers and boosteroo amp with the XM for about a year.

YMMV,

Shane ;)

Shane,

Looks like we're going to have the same components in our XM system. Glad to hear yours is working well! My ER6i's are scheduled for delivery today (Ordered Sun. from Comp-U-Plus) but still haven't seen the Amplirider. Hopefully will arrive this week so I can get this show on the road.

Well, I finally got tired of waiting for the fucknuts at don'tBuy.com to make any kind of progress on my order (pending for 2 weeks...), so I cancelled it there, and ordered at Comp-u-plus. Should have them Friday (need them for a ride next week).

Now watch the short shafts at don'tBuy.com try to tell me it's already shipped.... :fuck:

I've got this feeling that they can get them pretty quick at Buy.com, but not at the original deep discount. Perhaps they blew their wad, and now, unless they get another big price break for a large lot, they'll just let the pending orders hang until dead.

groo, what did you pay at comp u whatever?

Rocket,

They were the same price as the original don'tBuy.com price, before the discount ($89). Unfortunately I had to pay shipping and handling, so I went from around $80 to $113, but screw it... I didn't want to wait another month for $30... I paid extra shipping to get them overnighted... could have paid like $105 total ordering it through their website. I phoned the order in to make sure I got them on time.

Did you need them ASAP to go to LaCrosse, or just WwaaaAAaanted them?

I finally figured out where the Compwhatever site was and checked out the shipping charges. I about had a coronary. I certainly understand that when you want it, you want it. But if I cancel don'tBuy.com, I'll probably just go to eBay.

Yep, you're probably right, they'll probably SNAFU and send them from B.com.

I'm going to give it 'til next week.

Give us a report when you get 'em and let us know how you like 'em!

No, not Lacrosse. Driving up to Lake Livingston next week for some downtime... as well as the CMRA races the following week in College Station. Wanted to get the XM up and running and programmed in time for both, and it didn't make sense to sign up for service if I can't hear the sounds! ;)

Amplirider and ER6i's showed up today. Jesus H Tap-Dancin Christ what sound! Just running off the RoadyII at 5-6 audio output, they sound awesome.! I can only imagine what it might sound after plumming it thru the amp.

After a few days of using the ER6Is, I can state that if all you are doing is listening to an XM... you don't need an amp. The volume control available through the XM submenu is PUHLENTY to control the sound. I'm currently running it at a 3 out of 10 to make it loud enough when it comes directly into the earphones.

Also, the ER6is do a great job of deadening wind noise... even better than the custom plugs I had made a while back... after an hour of two of use, they weren't bothering me like previous plugs would have.

All told, a definite and hearty recommendation for these kick butt plugs... :huh: hmmmm that didn't come out right... ;)

I just installed an AutoCom Active 7 on the bike - if I want to go with these plugs vice the speakers, how do I hook them into the system? I know I'll still have to use the boom mike in the helmet...Thanks.

I just installed an AutoCom Active 7 on the bike - if I want to go with these plugs vice the speakers, how do I hook them into the system? I know I'll still have to use the boom mike in the helmet...Thanks.
Looks like you'll need one of these adapters

Clicky

I got mine last week. Wow, what a sound! I tried them under my snug Shoei X-11 and they fit perfect. I can take the helmet of and the buds stay put. :D I need to try the foam pieces since the flanged silicon pieces started bothering me after 30 minutes. Maybe I inserted them to deep.

ANTVQ - Thanks, I should have known AutoCom would have an adaptor - and one that cost ONLY 50 bucks - EACH :blink: ! But, may well be worth the price....Thanks again.

Based on all the glowing reports here, I just ordered my set of ER-6. For the price they better be worth it or I'm coming to hunt you all down :assasin:

:D

I just ordered mine too - and my wife's. I'll join you in the hunt if they aren't the best sounding speakers ever used by man or woman kind! :2handed: