European Accessories vs USA Accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoStrap

Reaction score
So i was looking over the Yamaha FJR1300 European web site. I wanted to see if the FJR had a high beam passing switch on their handlebar. I couldnt find any info on it. But....I did come across the accessories for the European FJR. Foot shields, knuckle shields, Yamaha GPS Navigator (GARMIN ZUMO)...WTF!!!

https://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accesso...rt+Tour/FJR1300

So I am not happy...they have much more stuff and Heated grips seem to be standard on the FJR....

Grrrrrr.....

So i was looking over the Yamaha FJR1300 European web site. I wanted to see if the FJR had a high beam passing switch on their handlebar. I couldnt find any info on it. But....I did come across the accessories for the European FJR. Foot shields, knuckle shields, Yamaha GPS Navigator (GARMIN ZUMO)...WTF!!!
https://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accesso...rt+Tour/FJR1300

So I am not happy...they have much more stuff and Heated grips seem to be standard on the FJR....

Grrrrrr.....
This really SUCKS, we don't have all those options!

Did you see the clamp on hand shields? covers more area to protect the riders hands from the elements. (BASTAGES)

I guess when your dollar aint worth shite you don't get shite :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The foot shields are really nice, and they work.

I ordered them through my former dealer back in Scotland and had a family member bring them over on vacation. Imagine my surprise when I started coiunting out the cash, only to be told they were a birthday gift. :rolleyes:

Now working on getting the knuckle guards for Christmas... :clapping:

Yamaha Canada offers them as well, but they are way spendy.

"Ok...apparently they do have it the high beam flasher for passing.....i downloaded the European brochure...they have a picture...."

I was reading this thread ? ....... What's the difference between The dimmer switch....and a flasher for passing ?.....Not trying to be funny ! .....

"Ok...apparently they do have it the high beam flasher for passing.....i downloaded the European brochure...they have a picture...."
I was reading this thread ? ....... What's the difference between The dimmer switch....and a flasher for passing ?.....Not trying to be funny ! .....

Its on the left handlebar cluster, you use your left index finger to pull a trigger that flashes the high/low beam. You can flash the high/low momentarly to let the vehicle you are passing know "her i come"....Its a nice feature, i had it on my ducati:)

I bet it is because on the Autobahn if you come up behind someone at 100 miles an hour and flash your lights they will smile and move over. On the interstate if you come up behind someone at 100 miles an hour and flash your lights they will slam on their brakes and/or open fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
can we order any of that stuff for the US? They still have the narrower "city" cases...and the topcase specific bag....not sure about those handguards yet over the Vstrom modded ones tho...

can we order any of that stuff for the US? They still have the narrower "city" cases...and the topcase specific bag....not sure about those handguards yet over the Vstrom modded ones tho...
The stuff can be ordered and shipped, however the current exchange rate means if effectively costs double what it would if available in the US, and if they decide to open it at customs, you'll have sales tax to figure in also.

The handguards supposedly work very well at keeping the windchill from the hands. Hope to find out in a couple of months.

For anyone drooling over the touring tankbag from Europe, it's been on backorder from Japan since at least April. (Don't ask me how I know).

The stuff can be ordered and shipped, however the current exchange rate means if effectively costs double what it would if available in the US, and if they decide to open it at customs, you'll have sales tax to figure in also.

The handguards supposedly work very well at keeping the windchill from the hands. Hope to find out in a couple of months.

For anyone drooling over the touring tankbag from Europe, it's been on backorder from Japan since at least April. (Don't ask me how I know).
Thanks for the input, Wild72. I have seen only one picture (lousy) on Yam's website for the mirror-mounted handguards. Where can I find better views? Sullivan

Thanks for the input, Wild72. I have seen only one picture (lousy) on Yam's website for the mirror-mounted handguards. Where can I find better views? Sullivan
Here's TurboDave's bike .....

USAFretiredsticker2006AEturbodavepi.jpg

I have seen only one picture (lousy) on Yam's website for the mirror-mounted handguards. Where can I find better views? Sullivan
Agreed the Yam pic sucks, but until Higthlander posted, that was the only one I had seen also. I did read a couple of reviews somewhere, and they supposedly work well. I'll try and post some pics when I get back after the turn of the year.

I bet it is because on the Autobahn if you come up behind someone at 100 miles an hour and flash your lights they will smile and move over. On the interstate if you come up behind someone at 100 miles an hour and flash your lights they will slam on their brakes and/or open fire.
Heh heh heh...not quite. Sometimes a Benz will hog the passing lane no matter how furiously you fire your pretend machine-gun. Goes with the territory... :rolleyes:

Having a Euro-2005 I have that flasher trigger on my bike but end up using it very little. When asleep at the wheel Mr or Miz Cager will take no heed of a burst of light coming from behind. Their rearview mirrors are likely pointing in the damndest directions anyway.

Now, a Stebel Nautilus horn will get their attention. I get to use that puppy a lot more.

Stef