Ever have a ride like this?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about comfort level with the bike. My last bike felt more like you had put on a motorcycle suit and had full control. I rarely get that now, which is one main reason I am trying to move on. I just can't get into that groove and every move just feels pushed. It is a great feeling when you achieve full equilibrium with the bike, no doubt.

I had that experience just last week when returning from Salmon Idaho.

I spent the night in Salmon with two riders from So California. After a light breakfast they went on to Bozeman and I took the direction back to Boise.

That was one of the best solo rides ever, I could do no wrong on the FJR.

Yep, for sure. I even posted about it several years back on this very forum. It's really weird when it strikes you because it isn't always on a day when you're pushing your limits, riding surreal scenic roads, or even with no traffic around. Sometimes, the flow just happens. The key is, when you get it, ride it out. Don't be cutting that ride short.

And the flip side happens way too often. In that case I blame it entirely on the bad juju banging around inside my head way before I even mount up. I'm not a commuter, so when that does happen I can usually just turn around and cut the ride short and do something else.

We humans is complicated creatures, yo!

Last edited by a moderator: