Everybody Hot Enough????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireout2004

Reaction score
Been watching the CNN and feel for all of you out there struggling with this heat. I found something that I tried today and it might help some of you. I ordered a evaporative cooling vest from the site soundriderdotcom. The vest is a techniche brand. I was a bit skeptical about the whole deal. Today was hot around here (not AZ hot). I soaked the vest for about 1 minute (don't over soak it) then hung it for about 20 minutes to drain the excess. I don't have mesh gear but opened all my available vents and frankly I was amazed. I was considerably cooler with the vest then without it in a side by side ride. In addition the vest was damp but I remained dry, completely. Mesh gear would be even more effective in keeping you cool. The vest fits under your coat but over your shirt. It works apparently with all types of coats including leather. For $29.95 plus shipping it might be a very cool investment. Check it out at the above site which is a pretty cool rider site for the gang in the PNW. If you decide to get one you may want to order a size larger. They run very close to t shirt fit. Goodluck to all you hotheads. I hope it eases soon.

I have the Joe Rocket Sahara Vest it's the same thing, I know what you mean though it works great, If I'm out riding and it starts to get hot I just dip it in a canal or ditch or whatever I can :D to keep ya going.

I have a Mesh Jacket, when it's over 100 out it sure makes a difference.

UnCaged

:haha: The one good thing about Santa Babs is that the climate here is pretty good. Most of the time, daytime highs are in the 60's - year round. However, today it did get extremely hot. I think it was 75. I better move. :)

If I'm out riding and it starts to get hot I just dip it in a canal or ditch or whatever I can  to keep ya going.
Daddy..that man over there that was riding the motorcycle smells bad!

Its okay honey....he's cool!